Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a fight tommorrow(at my new weight 165) and I can't sleep!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a fight tommorrow(at my new weight 165) and I can't sleep!

Damnit! I have done everything right preparing for this fight. I have cut down to 165 the right way. I am lean and I feel strong, but I can't sleep because of my anxiety. The guy Im fighting has 30 fights, I have 14. That is all I know about him, and I can't stop thinking about this f***ing fight. I hope I can sleep at least a couple hours before I have to get ready to leave at 8:30, the fights start at 10am.

Is this professional or amateur?

Honestly man, get all the sleep you can. Sleep/Rest truly helps. One thing I used to always do in big competitions was mentally train yourself. Picture yourself doing whatever you need to do in there to get the W. Good luck.

Comment

You should be more worried about being in the fight without any sleep! Just sleep, the worse what can happen is you lose. But if your feeling good than you wont. My first fight i couldn't sleep and i was messed up my stamina was bad and i was throwing ****e shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'
        Is this professional or amateur?

Honestly man, get all the sleep you can. Sleep/Rest truly helps. One thing I used to always do in big competitions was mentally train yourself. Picture yourself doing whatever you need to do in there to get the W. Good luck.
        Amatuer....but I think people are expecting me to do big things in this fight against a guy that fought in the nationals...I have fought in the 178 weight class(usually weighing in at 172-174) for most of my fights but I have cut down to 165. I guess I am anxious because I am not sure how comfortable I will be in there with a smaller/quicker guy(im assuming he is faster since he is naturally smaller than me)and he has more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DcBoxin
          You should be more worried about being in the fight without any sleep! Just sleep, the worse what can happen is you lose. But if your feeling good than you wont. My first fight i couldn't sleep and i was messed up my stamina was bad and i was throwing ****e shots.
          That's what I'm worried about, being tired as hell like right before the fight. I usually don't have a problem sleeping, but guess I am just nervous about this fight because its a more difficult fight, and I have trained my ass of for this fight. If I can't win this fight with all the training that I have done, I will be very dissapointed.

Comment

Originally posted by machotime
            That's what I'm worried about, being tired as hell like right before the fight. I usually don't have a problem sleeping, but guess I am just nervous about this fight because its a more difficult fight, and I have trained my ass of for this fight. If I can't win this fight with all the training that I have done, I will be very dissapointed.
            damn you have a fight tomorrow and you're still awake just remember when you are in the ring, all you think about is defeating your opponet. and if you heare a voice tell that voice to **** off and push yourself in the fight.

also make sure you are resting while waiting for your fight, grab a chair and relax, once you're up next to fight get in that state of mind to kick ass with no fear, and don't worry or even thing about sleeping. just make sure you are their mentally, and show no fear in front of your opponet as he may have the same problem as you. good luck and post video after your fight

Comment

Amatuer....but I think people are expecting me to do big things in this fight against a guy that fought in the nationals...I have fought in the 178 weight class(usually weighing in at 172-174) for most of my fights but I have cut down to 165. I guess I am anxious because I am not sure how comfortable I will be in there with a smaller/quicker guy(im assuming he is faster since he is naturally smaller than me)and he has more experience.

use the jab on the smaller/faster fighter, use the jab heavly, eyes wide open and you can see everything your opponet will try to do.

Comment

Damnit! I have done everything right preparing for this fight. I have cut down to 165 the right way. I am lean and I feel strong, but I can't sleep because of my anxiety. The guy Im fighting has 30 fights, I have 14. That is all I know about him, and I can't stop thinking about this f***ing fight. I hope I can sleep at least a couple hours before I have to get ready to leave at 8:30, the fights start at 10am.
                Sleep now bro. You need to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity
                  use the jab on the smaller/faster fighter, use the jab heavly, eyes wide open and you can see everything your opponet will try to do.
                  Thanks man, luckily I have always used my jab pretty well, and I stand very straight. This was bad for me at the higher weight class because I was usually shorter than the other guys, and not crouching down left me open for getting beat to the jab by the taller, lankier opponent. But at 165 I think standing tall will compliment my style and size due to the fact that I will be the bigger guy.

Comment

Thanks man, luckily I have always used my jab pretty well, and I stand very straight. This was bad for me at the higher weight class because I was usually shorter than the other guys, and not crouching down left me open for getting beat to the jab by the taller, lankier opponent. But at 165 I think standing tall will compliment my style and size due to the fact that I will be the bigger guy.

my advice is use the boxing stance that is comfortable for you, don't limit yourself in styles. if you have to bend your knees a bit do it, if you have to throw a wild shot to delivery it throw it, don't worry about stance don't worry about perfection, just concentrate on hitting your opponet.

what i used to do, is in my mind i'd be battling against pain and fear, so i would know how to handle it in the ring.

if your opponet is following you jab, if their is a low in the action and your opponet is not throwing i'd advice be the first to punch and be prepared to fire back with a counter and end it with a jab.

if its a dog fight on the ropes, be calm and relaxed look for opening and hit and know where your hands are so you can still stay on defence and be ready to go on ofence.

you're ready, so go out and get the win. and get some sleep, and i want to see a video of your fight posted here, good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X