No announcement yet.

What Game Plan Ronda Needs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Game Plan Ronda Needs?

There will be a rematch with Holly probably. What do you think Ronda should do during the fight?
    I beleive she should not play Holm's game which is striking and don2t even try it. Because Ronda won't be on Holly's striking skill level any soon. What she needs to do is to play her own game, grapling, and try to execute a choke or lock.
    Any other ideas?

Based on what I seen I'm not sure Honda could ever implement what is needed to beat Holm. Holm is completely wrong for her stylistically and I think she'd always win that fight.

We can't even begin to assume Honda is even going to be the same again it was as devastating loss as possible and Honda is an airhead who believed her own hype. Fighters like that never seem too bounce back well.

Comment

You already hit the nail on the head. She has to play her own game. She played Holly's and that is why she lost. She has to train hard, get back to her ground game, and get Holly's arm.

Stick to what has worked for her in the past and she will beat Holly. Not to take anything away from Holly, she is great at what she does, and how she does it, but I seriously doubt she can play Ronda's game like Ronda can.

Comment

Yep. Close the distance, get a takedown or judo throw and go for the armbar or GNP quickly.

Comment

I don't think Rousey can beat Holm based on what she had done in the past. If she is as good as she was hyped up to be then she should be able to develop skills in other things that could help her against Holm like single leg take downs. I just think considering Holm's movement if shes going to try and do her damage from the clinch like she had been then she might just end up following Holm around and getting tagged repeatedly again.

Anyway while Ronda is training on the side and making movies, Holm is in training camp for a pretty decent fighter. She's only going to get better.
          Last edited by -Antonio-; 02-19-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

One thing Ronda needs to do is learn how to cut off the ring. In her other fights, all she did was bullrush her way to her opponents. The only reason it worked was because they panicked and retaliated whenever they saw her coming (Tate is an example of this). Holly kept her cool and used her legs to move out of the way, which cause Rousey to chase her all over the place. That's what wore her out and lead to her to her downfall. If Rousey learns how to improve on her footwork, she might do better against Holm in the rematch. Win? I don't know.

Comment

She wasn't trying to outbox Holly, she was doing what she always does: Close the distance with punches and transition into her Judo. She's not a wrestler or a Brazilian Jujitsu girl so she doesn't shoot in low for take downs; it's not her style. She had Holm pinned against the cage in a clinch just a little over a minute into the fight. But she couldn't keep hold of her, Holm had too much movement and was too physically strong.

Comment

Working...
              X