No announcement yet.

I'm stuck at 175lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stuck at 175lbs.

When I started boxing again, I trained my ass off and got from 205lbs. to 175lbs. I get down to 170 right before a fight but I gain back 5 to 10lbs after the fight which leaves me at 175 to 180lbs. I want to get down to 155 to 160lbs. I bust my ass when I train but my eating habits are terrible. If I can't sleep at night I eat and when I reward myself with a little bit of fast food I go overboard. I spend money on fat burners but they don't do enough. Please, can somebody on BS tell me what I can do? Is there a way to maybe trick the mind or body into eating less or eating right all the time?

Dedication

Originally posted by El Sniper
    I train but my eating habits are terrible
    This sums it up. You need to get dedicated. That is what life is all about. You need to put in the work and stop eating all the crap.

Every time you start eating crap, ask yourself

"How bad do you want to box?"

Once you answer that question, you'll drop the junk and head for the nearest fruit stand.

Comment

just like the above guy said, give yourself a mantra.

not a day goes by where i dont crave a plate of chicken fingers, a pack of cigarettes, and a 40. but i just ask myself, "two minutes of pleasure, or a lifetime of payoff?" and usually put it out of my mind.

also, drinking ridiculous amounts of water will curb your appetite. i drink like 8-10 glasses with every meal.

Comment

Even the George Foreman grill won't save you alone. Just re-stock your food supplies with lots of healthy stuff and stick to a great diet. Dedication is important so you should view your diet as just as important as your training regime.

Good luck.

Comment

Mostly it has to do with motivation. Eating is a natural impulse. Eat things that maintain a steady blood sugar, like multiple grains and a balance of fat, carbs, and proteins. The worst thing about boxing is making a weight. Also, one should know his body fat percentage. Anything below 5% is lean. O% will lose you the fight, as you will have no energy reserves. Ask Joe Manley....

Comment

Originally posted by El Sniper
            When I started boxing again, I trained my ass off and got from 205lbs. to 175lbs. I get down to 170 right before a fight but I gain back 5 to 10lbs after the fight which leaves me at 175 to 180lbs. I want to get down to 155 to 160lbs. I bust my ass when I train but my eating habits are terrible. If I can't sleep at night I eat and when I reward myself with a little bit of fast food I go overboard. I spend money on fat burners but they don't do enough. Please, can somebody on BS tell me what I can do? Is there a way to maybe trick the mind or body into eating less or eating right all the time?
            DAMN SON YOU SOUND JUST LIKE ME MAN, I USUALLY WALK AROUND AT BTWN 175-185 AND AM TRYIN TO GET DOWN TO 160-168

Comment

Originally posted by saq26
              just like the above guy said, give yourself a mantra.

not a day goes by where i dont crave a plate of chicken fingers, a pack of cigarettes, and a 40. but i just ask myself, "two minutes of pleasure, or a lifetime of payoff?" and usually put it out of my mind.

also, drinking ridiculous amounts of water will curb your appetite. i drink like 8-10 glasses with every meal.
              That's what I'm talking about! I know everything about dieting and calories,carbs,fat % etc. But what I need is the words to play in my mind that I don't need burgers and fries, chuletas(for all those Puertoricans who know what I'm talking about). I'm lucky if I stay foccused for three days and after that I can't remember how I got that far. I'm doing good today just because of this reply from saq26. So keep it going, please. The more ideas I get the more weight I lose.

Comment

lol, its nice being the resident massive weight loss expert.

it can be hard to keep on a diet, especially a strict one, once the results arent showing. i mean, when you step on the scale losing a half pound a day, its fun, and you start to like being on a diet. but sometimes you hit plateaus, and youll be bustin your ass and seeing nothing.

personally, i dont think youll run into that problem. it sounds like you have a really good workout regime, and that coupled with a good diet will have you shedding pounds like they were pubes.

Comment

Take cellmass after every workout and use thermogain daily. This is a cheaters approach but the cellmass is great for muscle recovery and the thermogain will definately cause your fat to go down a lot and not affect your muscles. I mean by that, break them down or anything.
                  This should work quite good for you. It is pricy.

Comment

Originally posted by SovietExpress
                    Take cellmass after every workout and use thermogain daily. This is a cheaters approach but the cellmass is great for muscle recovery and the thermogain will definately cause your fat to go down a lot and not affect your muscles. I mean by that, break them down or anything.
                    This should work quite good for you. It is pricy.
                    Dude, I'm done with supplements except for the occassional six-week fat burner pills and protien. I spent too much money at GNC and all I got was really big and muscular. I'm only 5'7". and I'm ripped but truthfully I need to loose the mass. That's why I stopped lifting and went back to textbook boxing exercize routines. I lost some wheight because I lost muscle but my endurance and conditioning has improved. If you ask me, I would rather look like a boxer than a power lifter. Thank you for the advice though.

Comment

Working...
                    X