No announcement yet.

Training/nutriition Advice??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training/nutriition Advice??

Just found out about this site and i am pretty amped, because i have been getting pretty serious with my training lately. I am making up my mind whether to train in order to fight amature or not. I have been training for about 2 months and have a REALLY experienced trainer, i have caught on pretty well. I would really like to gather information from all of you out there because i know that a lot of you have been through what im going through right now, and can really help me.

I am 5'11, 145 pounds, 27" arm reach and get toned pretty quick, what diets do you recommend??

should i try and fight at around 150ish or 140ish??

what do you all believe is the perfect day of food for training??

Sleeping scheduele??

how many days a week would you train, and how long???

I know that i really need to improve my stamina by a lot before i step foot in the ring. what running techniques do you all have?? or other stamina work??

What will really slow dowm my training that not many people know about??

ANYTHING YOU CAN TELL ME WILL REALLY HELP ME, I WOULD APPRICIATE ANYTHING, i know that im asking for someone to write i book, but i want to succeed and i know that this can help. THANK YOU.

Last edited by ElfuturoChamp; 03-25-2006, 05:51 AM.

alot of us were like u when we first started. its a good sign ur this amped. all that diet and sleep crap doesnt play a huge part for novices or those having 1st fight i rekon.
    Just make sure ur pushed beyond ur limits at training, like beyond breaking point, when ur heart pumps so hard it wants 2 explode out of ur chest. run 2-3 days a week, including sprints into ur running, is of paramont importance, modern day fighters and athletes are bigger and faster, so developing those fast twitch fibres is crucial.
    I believe what u do outside the gym is importance also. when u have sometime 2 urself practice shadow boxing, and footwork, even exaggerate it like Ali did. Do 5 -6 rounds of it. skipping, shadow boxing, bag and core strength exercises, and weights can all be used 2 develop urself as an athlete. I am from a more athletic background where sprints and weights are seen as more important, dats just my belief.
    remember, 2 train on ur weaknesses, whther it be tight defence or footwork. The last thing u wanna do atm is make the sport complicated with diets and programs n **** like that( turns u into a robot), thats when boxing stops being fun.
    Last of all, listen to ur coach.

Comment

Eat healthy and do cardio about 4 times a week. Weight train 2 to improve your strength. If your muscles ache, rest them no matter what. Always have breakfast and at least 8 hrs sleep a night.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raging Bull
        Eat healthy and do cardio about 4 times a week. Weight train 2 to improve your strength. If your muscles ache, rest them no matter what. Always have breakfast and at least 8 hrs sleep a night.

8 hours sleep a night is impossible to some

Comment

www.rossboxing.com

all you need to know. best site for serious training EVER!!!

It will answer every one of those questions. if you have more questions later, then post them up.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboxer
            www.rossboxing.com

all you need to know. best site for serious training EVER!!!

It will answer every one of those questions. if you have more questions later, then post them up.

The training books on that site are kickass too.

Comment

Working...
            X