No announcement yet.

How would tyson deal with Alis TALK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would tyson deal with Alis TALK

Before the fight and during the fight. Would it have any effect on mike or did mike only lose heart when the fighter was just plain beating him and was Tyson too much of a perfectionist for Alis talk to be any competition with his own personal demons. Also, I don't think this is worth asking but would Ali feel intimidation from mike. He said himself that he was scared of liston but his supreme confidence just made that fear into strength, is there a chance that the fear would overwhelm him or have any effect in this fight.

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    Before the fight and during the fight. Would it have any effect on mike or did mike only lose heart when the fighter was just plain beating him and was Tyson too much of a perfectionist for Alis talk to be any competition with his own personal demons. Also, I don't think this is worth asking but would Ali feel intimidation from mike. He said himself that he was scared of liston but his supreme confidence just made that fear into strength, is there a chance that the fear would overwhelm him or have any effect in this fight.
    Ali was impressed with Tyson.

But he wouldnt be scared he can hang with anyone without fear if hes hung with Liston, Foreman, Shavers, etc

Tyson may know too much about Ali to fall for his tricks having watched him so much.

Is Cus there to advice Tyson on how to handle Ali?

Im gonna stay out of answering this one.

Comment

I don't even know if Ali would be willing to intimidate Tyson.

It'd be one damn intense stare down in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        I don't even know if Ali would be willing to intimidate Tyson.

It'd be one damn intense stare down in the ring.
        Ali would be rubbing his head and stuff making him laugh and therefore owning him psychologically.

Comment

This is if Tyson was plonked in Alis era 1966, Ali and Tyson both champions and this was to unify the belts. From what ive heard most believe that Ali beats Tyson hands down (literally.) But also what if this was rumble in the jungle and big George is iron mike, could Ali use his words against Tyson to have an advantage, does anyone here think that Ali could beat Tyson at that age aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
            This is if Tyson was plonked in Alis era 1966, Ali and Tyson both champions and this was to unify the belts. From what ive heard most believe that Ali beats Tyson hands down (literally.) But also what if this was rumble in the jungle and big George is iron mike, could Ali use his words against Tyson to have an advantage, does anyone here think that Ali could beat Tyson at that age aswell?
            Tyson would have pasted the Zaire 74' Ali, u cant lay on the ropes like that vs Prime Tyson with his combinations, body punching and Power/Speed. He wouldnt have messed up like George did...

Prime Ali? Probably gives Tyson the run around, frustrates him and outpoints him. Ali would have no fear of Tyson, if he wasnt scared of Liston and Foreman he wouldnt fear Tyson. Lets face it Mike was scary but he would give Ali plenty of ammo, the voice for starters! Muhammad would destroy him mentally before and during the bout

Tyson knows all about mind games and how to win the pre fight battles but Ali was the Master

Comment

He was probably being modest but Ali said Tyson put the fear of god into him.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                He was probably being modest but Ali said Tyson put the fear of god into him.
                Yeah, these fighters always become humble in their later years. Prime Ali would have took the piss out of Mike and showed no fear in his younger years

Its like Benn saying Calzaghe would beat him, Prime Dark Destroyer would have been in animal mode shouting how he would tear Zag's head off

Comment

It all depends really. I don't think either would lose the psychological battle before the fight, per se, but if Ali kept saying things like "he will be all mine in round 9" and Tyson didn't catch him cold and take him out early in the fight, I think that would play on his mind and cause him to throw caution to the wind in the fear of Ali's prediction coming true, thus leaving himself open for Ali to pick him apart.

That's my view anyway. To me, Tyson just seemed like the type of person that is a hot head and would resent the fact that his opponent could be about to humiliate him by knocking him out in a round that they've previously predicted and swing wildly so he could get the KO himself. I don't think that would work vs. Ali.

Comment

How would Tyson deal with Ali's talk? With a punch in the mouth, that's how. I doubt it would effect him much before the fight either. A prime Tyson uses his head movement and catches Ali with some good shots and then Ali takes over about round 6 on and wins a decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X