Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to david tua if he enters a ring with......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to david tua if he enters a ring with......

.........Iron mike tyson???

Its hard to see an early knockout despite both being huge punchers but I think Tua stops him over the stretch.

Comment

Tua punched as hard, if not harder, than Tyson and had a cast-iron chin. What he didn't have was great speed and consistent attack. I think he gets outpunched by Tyson and Mike had what it took to crack that cement chin.

Tyson in 8.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        Tua punched as hard, if not harder, than Tyson and had a cast-iron chin. What he didn't have was great speed and consistent attack. I think he gets outpunched by Tyson and Mike had what it took to crack that cement chin.

Tyson in 8.
        I agree. In my opinion Tyson was faster than Tua so you might expect a prime Tyson connects a lot faster with his bombs than Tua does.

Comment

Tua is stopped on his feet. Tysons defense is the reason.

Tua could conceivably rock Tyson as Bruno did, but he doesnt have the savvy or arsenal to follow up and finish him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Tua wins imo, he'd weather the storm and knock tyson out

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Tua wins imo, he'd weather the storm and knock tyson out

That is what I am kind of thinking too. Tyson seemed to fade pretty badly after the first 4-6 rounds & I think Tua would pile it on.

Prime Tua had very good stamina as displayed in his epic war with Ike Ibaebuchi

Comment

Prime Tyson has Tua beaten in just about every department; particularly speed, defense, combination punching and sheer technical skill. Tyson's distance stamina in the mid to late 80s wasn't bad either.

I never predict knockouts over those who have never been knocked out.....and Tua's chin was superb. But I think he'd lose a pretty lopsided decision.

Tua would have a good chance against late 90s Tyson though. Tyson's technical ability and distance stamina were much diminished.

Comment

I'd also go with Tyson by late stoppage or UD, as I think Mike could outwork Tua in his prime and his defense and movement would tip the balance in his favor as well.

Comment

David Tua did nothing even half as well as Tyson. His left hook, which was his money punch, was never as well calculated and precise as Mike's, and even if it were, it's still not certain that it had more power behind it.

I think Tyson would easily beat David Tua.

Comment

Working...
                    X