Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a top ten GREATEST HW list. HW Official rankings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a top ten GREATEST HW list. HW Official rankings?

Joe louis is the greatest mainly for his acheivments in his era but what if all of the great Heavyweights in there prime were instantly put in todays era with the Klitchkos also at there prime. What would be the top ten rankings at the time?

I think 1 of the sluggers would be the first to get a title shot against wladimir and ali, larry and lennox would end up holding 1 of the main belts.

1. Larry Holmes
    2. Muhamad Ali
    3. Lennox Lewis
    4. George foreman
    5. Mike Tyson
    6. Wladimar Klitchko
    7. Vitali Klitchko
    8. Riddick bowe
    9. Joe Louis
    10. Joe frazier

After having fought each other a bit, i think that's how it might go. Louis is just too small against these guys, not sure if he should even be in there
    Last edited by likeamulekick; 01-01-2013, 09:49 PM.

Head to head rankings? Well I definitly see Ali at the top of such a list, followed by Holmes and Lewis. I think they have the least amount of stylistic problems. Or in other words, they can be succesful against the most type of boxers.

Comment

"Head to Head" I see Larry Holmes, Ali, Lewis and the Klitschkos in the Top 5. Don't know who would win. Everybody of those lost in their prime or at least had razor close drawish kind of fights (Larry Holmes against Carl Williams, Witherspoon and Norton).
      So nobody was unbeatable. But when you look at the will Ali had, it is hard to think he wouldn't find a way to win against everybody.

Comment

Lennox and Ali are #1 and #2, the rest are a toss up.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
          "Head to Head" I see Larry Holmes, Ali, Lewis and the Klitschkos in the Top 5. Don't know who would win. Everybody of those lost in their prime or at least had razor close drawish kind of fights (Larry Holmes against Carl Williams, Witherspoon and Norton).
          So nobody was unbeatable. But when you look at the will Ali had, it is hard to think he wouldn't find a way to win against everybody.
          oh dear......

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
            Great post. All those are at least even money vs ANY HW in history.

Comment

Lennox Lewis #1
              Muhammad Ali #2
              Larry Holmes #3

TBH. If we talking best version or round robin?

What we talking about? Best Version. Lewis will be by far the biggest beast in a forest full of beasts. But if we talking over a period of 5-6 years.. Lewis will get distracted at least once. but he will avenge his rematch in brutal fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                Lennox Lewis #1
                Muhammad Ali #2
                Larry Holmes #3

TBH. If we talking best version or round robin?

What we talking about? Best Version. Lewis will be by far the biggest beast in a forest full of beasts. But if we talking over a period of 5-6 years.. Lewis will get distracted at least once. but he will avenge his rematch in brutal fashion.
                I think you misunderstand the thread.. bums like Rahman and Mccall aren't included in this

Personally I think
                1:Ali
                2:Holmes
                3:Tyson
                4:Lewis
                5:Foreman

Comment

Joe Louis is to SMALL? At 6'2" 200lbs he hits harder than any of Klitz, Ali or Holmes. He puts "correct" combos together BETTER than any heavy ever!
                  Theres a reason he's considered the best ever by the experts and theres a reason the people who think they know the sport think the Klitz Bros are in the top ten all time heavies!! Because their "fans" which more than not says they know NOTHNG about boxing!!
                  Everyone has an opinion however what yor opinion is based on is what makes your opinion a "valid" one! Joe Louis would punch holes in the Klitz bros his punches would demolish them. Study the films and watch how each step to their opponents and then punch in combination! Compare jabs, movement, combos, power, defense, ring generalship!!! The Klitz are the modern day Max Baers except they don't hit as hard as he did!! Riddick Bowe over Joe Louis.................really?? Mike Tyson would be afraid to fight Joe Louis, he quit on Evander do you think Evander hits harder than Joe? Ray.

Comment

Joe Louis knocks out any heavyweight in history except Ali, and that fight is 55/45 for Ali in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X