No announcement yet.

Tips on balance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on balance?

does anyone have any tips on balance? I've started boxing in the past few months, and I often find myself over-reaching with my straight right hand, following through on my hooks too far

Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
    does anyone have any tips on balance? I've started boxing in the past few months, and I often find myself over-reaching with my straight right hand, following through on my hooks too far
    Hope this helps. If you have any more questions fire away

Comment

One tips on balance I know is to spin 10-20 times, so your head gets a bit dizzy before you start shadow boxing / practicing the technique. It will force you to control your balance better

Comment

Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
        It's a pretty simple answer, but can be difficult to fix in fighting/sparring when the guy is moving backward, or slipping out of range. You must first understand your center of gravity, width and length. Imagine a triangle created by your feet and navel. Never go beyond the top point of the triangle with your chest/shoulders. Leaning forward over your hips and front toes (make sure your knee never goes beyond your toes) takes your center of gravity off balance. Any punch you throw while extending to this point is reaching and leaves you open to be countered easily. You have to keep your shots within this range, and bringing them back to this range is just as important. Don't leave your shots out there. Step in with your jab (not too short), making sure you are bringing your back foot with you too.

Another common problem is standing up too straight, so when you lean forward, or punch while too straight, your center of gravity goes beyond your balance point, which you've gone and left behind in the triangle created from your feet to your navel.

Edit: Also, make sure you don't have your feet too close together in terms of the width of your stance. Make sure your feet aren't closer together than your shoulders. You need a strong base in terms of width and length, which your punches never stray from.
        Last edited by BennyST; 12-05-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
          Hope this helps. If you have any more questions fire away
          perfect advice.

Comment

I lie these tips. These tips are very useful and important for me. I suggest everyone to follow these tips for for balance.

Comment

Working...
            X