• Which heavyweight do you rank higher

Based on accomplishments and resume.
    Lennox Lewis
    33.93%
    Mike Tyson
    16.07%
    Evander Holyfield
    50.00%

For me it's Lennox, he beat both of the guys on that poll and had a devastating punch, coupled with great skill. His resume is better than Tyson and on par with Holyfield (as heavyweight of course) minus Bowe, but it's obvious Bowe didn't want any piece of Lennox.

Comment

Accomplishments = Lennox just squeaks it out by being THE MAN at the conclusion of the era.
      Resume = Holyfield. the guy literally has fought everyone. e.g

James Tillis
      Buster Douglas
      George Foreman
      Larry Holmes
      Riddick Bowe x3
      Michael Moorer
      Ray Mercer
      Mike Tyson x2
      Lennox Lewis x2
      John Ruiz x3
      Chris Bryd
      James Toney
      Nikolai Valuev

Just to name a few.

Comment

Lennox Lewis

Comment

Evander for me! Better all around fighter, he could box and punch was capable of some inside and outside boxing and could give and take. Had the best "heart" of his era! To climb from 175 to 215+ and be competitive at a high level against top contenders is impressive! Ray.

Comment

Lennox, just edges Holyfield.Also, can't see James Toney beating Lewis.

Comment

Evander Holyfield. Greatest CW of All time, beating fellow greats Qawi and De Leon at the weight. Excellent HW resume too facing everyone! Beat Tyson and gave a basically prime Lewis absolute hell in the rematch while past his own best.

Lewis a close second.

Mike Tyson a distinct third despite being for my money the best H2H fighter of the three and the fighter who at all of their respective bests would come out on top

Comment

Dyna76; Lewis got blasted out of there by who????? Some ATG????
                Evander gets stopped by a guy who CAN box/fight and its 7 years past his bout with Tyson. When you loose to talent its understandable, not acceptable but better than loosing to guys who had little talent, they could just punch! Ask Lenox, he can tell you.
                Nothing against Lenox he cashed in at the right time but he never fought the career that Evander had.

Comment

Tyson for me. From the start of his career to 1989 puts him on a par with Lewis for me, plus the fact that he won the title twice puts him ahead of Lewis. Plus the fact that he is the youngest Heavyweight champ and has a very high KO ratio.

IMO Holyfield isn't near as good as Tyson or Lewis solely at Heavyweight. Including his entire career he would at least be held in the same esteem, but not exclusively at heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                    Accomplishments = Lennox just squeaks it out by being THE MAN at the conclusion of the era.
                    Resume = Holyfield. the guy literally has fought everyone. e.g

James Tillis
                    Buster Douglas
                    George Foreman
                    Larry Holmes
                    Riddick Bowe x3
                    Michael Moorer
                    Ray Mercer
                    Mike Tyson x2
                    Lennox Lewis x2
                    John Ruiz x3
                    Chris Bryd
                    James Toney
                    Nikolai Valuev

Just to name a few.
                    agreed.

that's how i look at resume as well. i know people like to clown oscar, and I'm not a fan at all, but look at all the guys he's fought. a laundry list of hall of famers man.

Comment

Working...
                    X