4. Lennox Lewis
    5. Chris Eubank
    6. Nigel Benn
    7. Michael Watson
    8. Joe Calzaghe
    9. Ricky Hatton
    10. Lloyd Honeyghan

Comments..

Graham - at his peak (82-84) he was untouchable and would literally go through fights without being hit once, Manny Steward has basically admitted that he ducked Graham with Tommy Hearns when Graham was #1 contender in 1983-84 because it was too big a risk for too little money (they then chose an easy defence against some dude named Fred Hutchings as a warm-up for Hagler instead of fighting Graham who had just become mandatory), Manny Steward once said this about Graham- "the prospect of a light-punching, defensive wizard did little to attract American audience.. but Herol Graham was this guy who could make any great fighter look bad, look what he did to Ayub Kalule, in spells against Mike McCallum, Julian Jackson before the knockout and the rematch with Kalambay where he was robbed, and all of these were when he was way out of his prime", almost certainly the most avoided British fighter ever and almost certainly the most awkward British fighter ever, if Hagler-Graham had happened any time between 84 and 86 then Graham would of won (FWIW, Graham was #1 contender before Hagler-Leonard)

Hamed - thinking about it, if my life depended on it I would honestly, genuinely take the Hamed that fought Belcastro over any bantumweight in the history of the sport, in 94 and 95 he was quite simply out of this world

Buchanan - gave a Peak Duran a very close fight, and Duran is world top-five all-time lb4lb material

Lewis - stunning wins against Ruddock and Golota, avenged Rahman defeat in impressive fashion

Eubank - not the Post-Watson II version, I'm talking about the sharper, fresher cat (Corti, Milo, Benn, Stretch), could of been fighter of the decade if he wanted to be

Benn - he'd get in the top ten on the Barkley and McClellan fights alone, had Graham and Nunn screaming to the hills in 1988

Watson - he'd get in the top ten based on his performance in the Eubank II fight alone, his big win over Benn was a masterclass in strategy and execution

Calzaghe - looked incredible in 1996 by blowing away opponents, spectacular wins against Eubank and Mitchell

Hatton - in Manny Steward's top ten lb4lb Before the Tszyu fight, he had a lot of skill- he could throw every punch you could think of and some you couldn't

Honeyghan - Curry was rated as the best fighter in the world lb4lb at the time of Honeyghan handing him his ass
    Last edited by JUYJUY; 12-05-2005, 06:54 AM.

good list
    i think my top ten would be similer if not the same

Comment

Honorable mentions-
      John Conteh, Barry McGuigan

Mentions-
      Freddie Mills, Randolph Turpin, Howard Winstone, John H Stracey, Alan Minter

Comment

Yeah, cant disagree too much with that list, I'd have had Graham around the middle area somewhere though, he was an awesome fighter and was destoying Jackson until 'that' punch but he didn't win any world titles, I think in todays arena he would have won much more.

Dennis Andreas could be in there somewhere, as to Johnny Nelson, McGuigan was from the Republic of Ireland though I think, Clones???

Comment

I only saw one Herol Graham fight and that was with Julian. Wow. Talk about a winning lottery shot! Herol was giving Julian a boxing lesson. But I think the ease of which Herol was having with Julian made him a bit over confident and stayed in the pocket too long....and got caught. Just from that one fight, I can see why he was avoided. Peppering slick boxer, he was.

Comment

Originally posted by JUYJUY
            Mentions-
            Freddie Mills, Randolph Turpin, Howard Winstone, John H Stracey, Alan Minter
            I think I'll also mention Jim Watt, Duke McKenzie and Dennis Andries just for the sake of it

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf
              I only saw one Herol Graham fight and that was with Julian. Wow. Talk about a winning lottery shot! Herol was giving Julian a boxing lesson. But I think the ease of which Herol was having with Julian made him a bit over confident and stayed in the pocket too long....and got caught. Just from that one fight, I can see why he was avoided. Peppering slick boxer, he was.
              Yep Bomber was a tricky, switch-hitting boxer, so difficult to box against that guy. Back in the early 80's he was really ****ing quick, it was amazing to watch.
              Last edited by JUYJUY; 12-06-2005, 12:39 AM.

Comment

It's so difficult to see how Bomber Graham could of lost a boxing match at 154, I don't think he could of lost!

Comment

I don't get it..

You always said Lennox Lewis sucks, but you have him higher than Eubank?

You are weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest
                    I don't get it..

You always said Lennox Lewis sucks, but you have him higher than Eubank?

You are weird.
                    I still maintain that Lewis is over-rated, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a bloody good fighter, he certainly achieved more than Chris Eubank. However, Eubank could of been much better.

Comment

Working...
                    X