No announcement yet.

Question about old boxing equipment - speed bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about old boxing equipment - speed bag

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I got this speed bag from a friend, I'm trying to find out some information on it and google has found me nothing, so I came to this place

I'm thinking maybe it is 1930's... I can't post pics until I've made 15 posts so If anyone with knowledge of old (I'm thinking like 1930's or something) equipment could you please check out my album on photobucket. User name is same as on here (brandotoao) I made an album called Speed Bag..

Could someone please check it out and post a link? It would help so much!

Thank you for your time
    Brandon

Comment

Barnburner - You, sir, are awesome!!! Thank you so much for the post

Any info at all on this would be fantastic! The bag says "Elliott Kansas City" and this bag seems pretty big compared to others I've seen

Thank you for your time
      Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by brandotoao View Post
        Barnburner - You, sir, are awesome!!! Thank you so much for the post

Any info at all on this would be fantastic! The bag says "Elliott Kansas City" and this bag seems pretty big compared to others I've seen

Thank you for your time
        Brandon
        I don't know enough about boxing equipment from years gone back to give you any information on the actual bag though. I do agree it definitely looks like the 30's or there about.

If it's a big bag then it could be even earlier, here's Harry Greb (20's) hitting a speed bag in preparation for his bout with Mickey Walker. As you can see the bag does look rather big and Greb is by no means small at 160 pounds-ish.

Comment

Wow, thanks for that video! Even if I don't get any info on the bag itself, it sure was cool to see what it's supposed to look like in action The bladder inside I think is original, even the lace for the bag I think is original (it looks like a shoelace, but the ends are steel instead of plastic like a normal shoe lace) Anyway, I'm going to try to fix the many holes in the bladder and get it inflated. If I can manage that I'll try to put up more pictures

Thanks for your help,
          Brandon

P.S. Also if anyone has any info on this bag, history, time of manufacture, anything... please let me know

Comment

Working...
          X