No announcement yet.

Head movement?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head movement?

What can I do and how can i train to improve my head movement?

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
    What can I do and how can i train to improve my head movement?
    I'm not a boxer or anything when I'm training at the gym, I bob and weave and throw punches underneath a piece of rope. Definitely find a good trainer at your local gym to help you with head movement.

Mayweather's mitt routine seems like a good way to practice head movement. A helpful dvd collection would be Title Boxing.

Comment

well, i can say that bobbing and weaving are my specialty since i am an in-fighter who losses at reach, anyways, you cant improve it after a certain level without a partner, but yeah, shadowboxing with bobbing, slips, rope stuff, also if you can find a stick or something, put it on shoulder height, then put the glove on its end, and stand infront of it, then slip and duck, helpfull ways there ya go

Comment

shadowboxing, sparring (preferably taking it easy when focusing on defense), maize bag, double end bag, punch mitts and the rope exrecise previously described.

personally i mainly use shadowboxing and the double end bag for my headmovement and fine tune it in sparring along with everything else.

Comment

Throw some sand in a ziplock bag, put it in a tube sock, tie a rope to it, attach it to the ceiling, swing it back and forth and slip it. For variation, have a partner swing it at you. Youtube "paul williams slip bag" I think that'll take you to a pretty cool video of P.Will slipping this bag and throwing some counters/combos

Comment

Get someone to whip a towel at your face. Move out of the way of it.

Not whip it hard. You don't want to get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
              Throw some sand in a ziplock bag, put it in a tube sock, tie a rope to it, attach it to the ceiling, swing it back and forth and slip it. For variation, have a partner swing it at you. Youtube "paul williams slip bag" I think that'll take you to a pretty cool video of P.Will slipping this bag and throwing some counters/combos
              no good if you plan to fight a decent southpaw though- you'll still get hit with EVERY overhand left...

Comment

Working...
              X