No announcement yet.

Georges St. Pierre, this fighter is something

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georges St. Pierre, this fighter is something

I have seen this fighter a couple of times on UFC undercards and I have been somewhat impressed.

But tonight on SpikeTV, I just saw his fight with Frank Triggs and Matt Hughes, and I became an official fan, hehe. The Triggs fight was brutal ownage! And Hughes was lucky to get that armbar on the final seconds, he was getting dominated. After defeating Joe Riggs, Hughes should give St. Pierre a rematch. Although Riggs is no pushover.

Anyway, I just think St. Pierre is the future of MMA.

Originally posted by SuckaPunch
    I have seen this fighter a couple of times on UFC undercards and I have been somewhat impressed.

But tonight on SpikeTV, I just saw his fight with Frank Triggs and Matt Hughes, and I became an official fan, hehe. The Triggs fight was brutal ownage! And Hughes was lucky to get that armbar on the final seconds, he was getting dominated. After defeating Joe Riggs, Hughes should give St. Pierre a rematch. Although Riggs is no pushover.

i think the winner of Sherk/St Pierre will probably get Hughes next. That is gonna be a great fight cause Sherk is no slouch by any stretch of the imagination

Comment

i think hughes had trouble figuring out georges style, but he is just so good.
      and yes, after all the **** trigg talked he got totally, totally owned
      good stuff

Comment

How do you pull a "lucky" armbar?

Comment

Hughes was not getting dominated. It was an even match until St. Pierre made the mistake at the end and got caught in the armbar. There was nothing lucky about it. Hughes just put on a nice counter.

Comment

u make is sound like that was the end of the fight
            it was the end of the first round
            huges wasnt getting dominated but he was having trouble
            he would have lost the round, but pierre took it to the mat and paid for it

Comment

St Pierre is gonna be the champ
              someday. He will beat Hughes in
              a rematch. He was beating Hughes
              until Hughes got lucky with the armbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson Jr.
                St Pierre is gonna be the champ
                someday. He will beat Hughes in
                a rematch. He was beating Hughes
                until Hughes got lucky with the armbar.
                lucky???
                huges is p4p probably the strongest person on the world

id be shocked if he got beat anytime soon
                if he gets beat, he will get decisioned, i cant see anyone choking him out or tko'ing him

Comment

st. pierre is a great fighter, and hes gotten better ever since he faught hughes the first time. i think that the next guy to have the belt will be st. pierre. dont get me wrong i know hughes is a great fighter why else would he have the belt after how many fights with it, but that doesnt mean he doesnt make mistakes. the fight with verissimo he got put in a triangle and the interview after the fight he said he was about to tap. st. pierre has the skills to take hughes.

Comment

I HATE Hughes, but that armbar WASNT lucky...That armbar he got you can only learn. The position and way Hughes got it wasnt from a mistake, just really good BJJ

Comment

Working...
                    X