No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Michael McDonald?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Michael McDonald?

What does everyone think about him? I've never been a huge mma fan, but I enjoy watching it when I come across it.

I always liked the way the Black Sniper fought...does he have any place in history or what?

Oh yeah Remy Bonjasky is pretty sweet too.

Originally posted by oldgringo
    What does everyone think about him? I've never been a huge mma fan, but I enjoy watching it when I come across it.

I always liked the way the Black Sniper fought...does he have any place in history or what?

Oh yeah Remy Bonjasky is pretty sweet too.

Well, McDonald is cool, but isn't really an MMA fighter. I think he's 0-1 in his MMA career. And I don't think Bonjasky has ever fought in MMA.

Comment

I've only known of and watched both Bonjansky and McDonald in recent years, McDonald has great speed more of a hands guy and has good fast single kicks whereas Bonjansky's hands are okay but a terrific kicker. I would've liked to have seen both against some of the past top fighters in Muay thai and American kickboxers like Dennis Alexio and Maurice Smith, from what I've seen from all 4 I think Maurice Smith is the best, Alexio 3rd and McDonald last, A good kicker will pretty much beat a good puncher alot of times.

Comment

Mc Donald has probably the best hands in North America and can hang with anyone out there, his boxing is technical and solid. His greatest weakness is that at 5'10" he's a midget for K-1, and being an old man doesn't help either.

I love the way he KO'd Cro Cop... I walked around with a smile on my face for a ****ing week. He has aldo beaten MR. Brazilian kick himself.

Comment

Both fighters are highly respected in K1..

Macdonald is quick as **** and Remmy has some lethal kicks and knees with great speed..

Comment

I did not like his solo work as much as I did his material with the Doobie Brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
              I did not like his solo work as much as I did his material with the Doobie Brothers.
              I keep forgetting....

Comment

seen him a couple of times, looks tough and has a sweet one-two punch and kick to the head combo.

Comment

McDonald is a great fighter but his career is nearly over. He turned 40 this year and could not qualify for the Grand Prix.

But he's in awesome shape for a forty year old guy!

His MMA loss cam against Lyoto who is a great fighter on its own that beat BJ Penn!

Comment

Working...
                  X