No announcement yet.

am i too old to start boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i too old to start boxing

ive been seeing alot of boxing lately and boxing friends as much as possible and i would like to get serious with it and find a boxing club to get started. i turn 17 this month and im thinking that i might be to old to get started. anyone that has a say on this reply.

im 16 and juss started..although ive liked fighting all my life and watched a couple fights when i was younger...look at it this way bernard hopkins statrted at 17 too i believe....it's all up to you on how great you wanna become, hard work in the gym pays off

Comment

no way man, you got enough time, audley harrison started like in his 20's and he won a gold in the olympics and g.foreman predicts that he will be the next world heavyweight champ

Comment

Leonard started at 16 and look how good he became. It all depends on your heart and how bad you want it

Comment

30 year olds are starting boxing...its good to start early

Comment

im 19, i just started and let me tell u its a good work out. i dunno if i should take it seriously but for sure im going to do some toughman fighting.

Comment

enough time to fight jcc jr.

Comment

I am 18 and just started four months ago... I took it seriously and I Might be fighting sometime this month if they can find a superheavy... It does all depend on how serious you take it, only you can prevent things from happening by not puting in the time and work it takes to be a great boxer

Comment

i started at 19 and ive been doin it for 2 years. your a good age right now, u should take advantage of it while u can.

Comment

Originally posted by claygotshot
                    ive been seeing alot of boxing lately and boxing friends as much as possible and i would like to get serious with it and find a boxing club to get started. i turn 17 this month and im thinking that i might be to old to get started. anyone that has a say on this reply.
                    17yrs isn't a bad age to start boxing... There's an idea that kids that start boxing at 5-6yrs old don't make as greater fighters as the kids that start at 16-17yrs, purely because the younger starters loose their hunger by their mid twenties.

Comment

Working...
                    X