No announcement yet.

I found out that the triangle choke can be dangerous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found out that the triangle choke can be dangerous

I found out last night during sparring that when you put someone in the triangle it can be dangerous...for you. What happens is when you have them in the choke, if the opponent is big and strong enough he can brace his arm and lift you off the canvas by that braced arm and slam you on the canvas until you let go or get knocked out...I thought the triangle choke was unbeatable but found out the hard way that it's not. I also saw Rampage get out of a triangle choke this way.

matt hughes vs carlos newton hahah damn knocked him out with a slam and matt hughes would have been out if he didnt lift him up! but that was vicious. if newton didnt get knocked out he would have choked him out for sure.

Comment

The trick is to put all your weight on the back of their neck and tighten that ***** down.It also helps to have them pinned in a way where they can't get their feet under them to stand up.

Comment

use a free arm to hook behind their leg or just let go, it's not worth getting slammed

Comment

Originally posted by Cesaro
          use a free arm to hook behind their leg or just let go, it's not worth getting slammed

I agree! but the funny thing is the people who never let go of that choke are smaller guys when they know they are outgunned in power! they always get slammed hard too.

i think the most painful is the kimura! damn fedor almost dislocated and popped that shoulder of kevin randlemen.

Comment

Maybe turn it into an arm bar if the guy's huge and wants to pick you up.

Comment

OK - here is the skinny on the triangle.

if someone stacks you 1) they put more pressure on the choke but tis also the only way to pick you up. when this happens your should 1)(since you shoudl already be at a 45 degree angle) hook your arm (if the triangle is closed with your Right leg on top use your L arm and switch it if opposite.) that will get rid of their ability to lift you more than an inch or 2.

another option

DO NOT KEEP YOUR BODY TIGHT AND CURLED UP!!!

look at Noguera Vs. Coleman

Just grab the arm and thrust the hips forward into an armbar.
              Attached Files

Comment

The armbar is the way to go IMO, espically if you are fighting someone bigger than you and they still might be able to pick you up even if you try to hook a leg.

Bigger fighters have less flexiblity in their limbs. I know I hate getting armbared from triangle. The fact I have no neck and people try to transition to the armbar doesn't make it any easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallout
                  The armbar is the way to go IMO, espically if you are fighting someone bigger than you and they still might be able to pick you up even if you try to hook a leg.

Bigger fighters have less flexiblity in their limbs. I know I hate getting armbared from triangle. The fact I have no neck and people try to transition to the armbar doesn't make it any easier.
                  No neck

Comment

hahahahahaha jackass.

Now that I actually know what I am doing, try and choke me.

Comment

Working...
                    X