No announcement yet.

Doc Fischer AKA Anthony Facciponti

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Fischer AKA Anthony Facciponti

Can someone help me find some important family information on a feather weight fighter named Doc Fischer, AKA Tony Facciponti from Pittston PA. He fought from 1928 to 1938. He lived on Railroad street and then Carroll street when he retired from boxing and opened a small family owned grocery store. He worked in the #9 Pittston Coal mine, and did what they called at the time Barn storming. Barn Storming described by my father was when a boxers would travel around the country and box for money. I was told he was mentioned in Ring Magazine at some point but I am not sure when and cannot find a resource. I was also told that he fought Barney Ross an x champ that was trying to make a comeback. My father is now 73 and I would love to find any information I can for my Dads father and champ Doc Fischer. Please call with information as well at 6107464327. I would be interested in any lead, Thanks!!

Sorry my man, couldn't find anything even searched both names on BoxRec and couldn't find zilch.
    Are you sure both names are exact and spelled correctly? Did he fight under another name at any point?

Comment

Working...
    X