No announcement yet.

Just How Good is Sergio Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just How Good is Sergio Martinez?

I really love this guy, he's a hell of a fighter. But how do you guys think he stacks up as an ATG? He's started a little late, but he's working overtime to make up for lost time...could he be on a respectable ATG list when all is said and done?

He has some impressive wins lately but i dont know if he has enough solid comp left to improve his legacy.

Comment

Yeah, you might be right. There's still Dmitry Pirog...damn. I wish this guy had some more Paul Williamses to beat. Gotta love that Power Rangers boss-fight **** he pulls when he's got a KO where he turns before the guy is even down.

Comment

He is an all time great talent, he might have the 2nd or 3rd best combination of power/handspeed I have ever seen from a middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          He is an all time great talent, he might have the 2nd best combination of power/handspeed I have ever seen from a middleweight.
          I know you're gonna say Roy as number one and I might (might) agree but you're forgetting about Ray Robinson, who made a habit of one-punching guys much bigger than he.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            I know you're gonna say Roy as number one and I might (might) agree but you're forgetting about Ray Robinson, who made a habit of one-punching guys much bigger than he.

I was talking about what I consider modern boxing(last 40 years or so)

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              I was talking about what I consider modern boxing(last 40 years or so)
              Alright, then yeah. Martinez is definitely up there as far as middleweight pure punchers go.

Comment

If Martinez wants to be rememberd for more than a couple of good fights he needs to keep it up. Quality fights with quality competition.

As brilliant as he has been to watch, I can't see him achieving all time great status. People have damn high expectations now, he could start looking real average, real soon.

Comment

He has looked beatable in all the fights of his I have seen. But he finds a way to win and his fights are entertaining.

Would not be surprised if Pirog beat him. Having a close fight with Williams which I thought he won, behined in a fight to an alcoholic version of Pavlik, plus the amount he gets hit, makes me wonder how long he can keep up his winning ways.

Comment

decent, but not a legendary middleweight champ.

I dont consider him better than Nunn, for example.

although he can change that...but hes going to have to get his ass in gear if he is, hes already 36, aint he?

Comment

Working...
                    X