Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Head hurts after sparring..... is it serious?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head hurts after sparring..... is it serious?

So i joined a boxing gym in the very beginning of the year, and in the beginning of February my trainer has put me to sparring. Since then I probably sparred about 6 or 7 times at an average of 3 rounds. For some reason I get this ache inside of my head after each time I spar for the next few days. Its not intense enough where I would need medical attention or anything like that, just a bit of a discomforting feeling, and it comes up 2-3 hours a day. Now I am 99% sure its from sparring(getting hit in the jaw in particular). But my question is, should I be concerned? Or is this something that we all get in the beginning and just have to get used to?

P.S.
    I'm 25 years old, 5'10, 170lbs (don't recall sparring with anyone heavier than me).

I have been using the Rival High Performance Training Headgear
    and I am using the Everlast Brain-Pad High Performance Mouthguard

dude i was 15 when i started boxing and they got me sparring right away with older heavier guys aswell and my head never hurted so i think that may be serious

Comment

Probably not tucking your chin in as well as you should, considering you are new to it, I'm almost sure of it. Your head is probably snapping back from impact much more than it should, whether you realize it or not. I normally get that feeling after I spar someone who is more experienced than and they are able to take advantage of my compared inexperience when I'm off balance, causing me to get hit with good shots to where my head would snap back as well. Tuck it in baby.

Comment

yo bernardotelo, u from NY? I think I recognize one of the girls in your signature.

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
          dude i was 15 when i started boxing and they got me sparring right away with older heavier guys aswell and my head never hurted so i think that may be serious
          stop acting like a tough guy... you pubescent prick :wt:

Comment

Originally posted by *2TOUGH* View Post
            stop acting like a tough guy... you pubescent prick :wt:
            omfg why are you being an ass ?

Originally posted by stevexx28 View Post
            yo bernardotelo, u from NY? I think I recognize one of the girls in your signature.
            naaa man far from there lol i found that pic and placed it on my sig lool

Comment

I get a lot of jaw and neck pains the next day after a good sparring session, nothing like you're describing though. If it worries you go get it checked out.

Comment

This is a good question for a doctor. Not a random boxing forum where clearly numerous people have taken too many hard shots to the head.

Comment

dehydration thats all it is

Comment

drink more water, probably due to dehydration.

i get the same after i big workout even if im not sparring

Comment

Working...
                    X