No announcement yet.

Willie Pepp a crazy boxing lord?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie Pepp a crazy boxing lord?

I saw this guy fight yesterday, most ****in amazing defense I have seen, this guy is like a ****in god...

He's amazing..

Who do you think is more talented...Robinson or Pepp?

who and where did he fight?
    is he with golden boy? top rank?
    was it televised?
    what division is he?

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest_NK
      I saw this guy fight yesterday, most ****in amazing defense I have seen, this guy is like a ****in god...

He's amazing..

Who do you think is more talented...Robinson or Pepp?
      Yeah man, Pep was an amazing boxing talent and most fans of boxing history rate him as the greatest Featherweight of all-time.

Like you say, it was mainly his defensive mastery which stood out above all other things with him. He could do it all on defense and at the very highest level, as he'd slip, slide, side-step, block, parry, duck...whatever it took to avoid his opponents punches, and he pulled those moves off with excellant quickness, amazing reflexes, and beautiful grace. He was also very quick to counter his opponents misses, as well, and was very excellant at feinting his opponent into making the first move.

One of the greatest fighters of all-time, no doubt, and most often named as the greatest defensive fighter of all-time by those in the know.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi
        Yeah man, Pep was an amazing boxing talent and most fans of boxing history rate him as the greatest Featherweight of all-time.

Like you say, it was mainly his defensive mastery which stood out above all other things with him. He could do it all on defense and at the very highest level, as he'd slip, slide, side-step, block, parry, duck...whatever it took to avoid his opponents punches, and he pulled those moves off with excellant quickness, amazing reflexes, and beautiful grace. He was also very quick to counter his opponents misses, as well, and was very excellant at feinting his opponent into making the first move.

One of the greatest fighters of all-time, no doubt, and most often named as the greatest defensive fighter of all-time by those in the know.
        Yup, that pretty much covers it! A great fighter.

Comment

The guy was like superman...

I still got sugar ray #1 though...for all his accomplishments and well roundedness...

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest_NK
            The guy was like superman...

I still got sugar ray #1 though...for all his accomplishments and well roundedness...
            Read he won a round with out throwing a single punch and told everyone what round it would be....

Comment

yip one of my all time great fighters, be interesting to know the date of the video footage, pre or post crash.

yip it could well be that he was doing this after a plane crash that left his back broken and one leg shorter than the other.

a legend of legends.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi

yeh he was an amazing defensive fighter, but i reckon the greatest defensiver fighter was pernell whitaker

Comment

He was the one that won a round without throwing a single punch if I'm correct.

Comment

I think that story about Pep winning a round without throwing a single punch is more of a modern myth than actual reality.

It was said to have happened in the third round of Pep's fight against Jackie Graves, but according to a boxing historian whom I've gained a bunch of respect for, the actual fight reports of that Pep/Graves fight indicate that it didn't happen, and in fact the third round was said to have had more action in it than most of the other rounds in the fight..."A clicker couldn't count the blows landed by both" is one comment made by the newspaper reporters regarding that particular round, and no mention of Pep's supposed feat anywhere in the reports.

Comment

Working...
                    X