• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the difference betwen

conditioning and fitness?

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
    conditioning and fitness?
    fitness would have to be about how well the body looks (i would presume).

like (name here) is in good shape (or fit).

conditioning will have to revolve around endurance, and things of that nature.

because not everyone who has a low bodyfat percentage is conditioned to go 12 rounds in the ring.

an example would be Shane Mosley who is fit, however he's tired out early in his last fights.
    Last edited by Deep Blue 1997; 12-02-2010, 08:23 PM.

Comment

To me, fitness is a general state of being. Your weight, body fat %, lean muscle %, strength level, endurance and aerobic capacity, speed, flexibility, etc...

Conditioning is your body's adaptation to the requirements for an activity. For example, to box. Or even more specifically, to box 3 rounds, or 10 rounds, or 12 rounds. To be in condition to box with an aggressive offensive fight, or to dance around and box a hit and run fight.

Fitness is general, conditioning is the fitness required to complete or compete in a specific activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Klemman View Post
        To me, fitness is a general state of being. Your weight, body fat %, lean muscle %, strength level, endurance and aerobic capacity, speed, flexibility, etc...

Conditioning is your body's adaptation to the requirements for an activity. For example, to box. Or even more specifically, to box 3 rounds, or 10 rounds, or 12 rounds. To be in condition to box with an aggressive offensive fight, or to dance around and box a hit and run fight.

Fitness is general, conditioning is the fitness required to complete or compete in a specific activity.
        ^^^^ this guy explained it better than i did. good job mate

Comment

Working...
        X