Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion before Hopkins did Winky Wright ever lose a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion before Hopkins did Winky Wright ever lose a fight?

I thought he won 9 clear rounds against Vargas in one of the worst decisions ever in my opinion. The Vasquez fight is close. I have never seen the Harry Simon fight but it was a majority decision.

It would be very difficult to make a case for him in the Vasquez fight, considering how many times he was knocked down.

Comment

Harry Simon ruffed-up Winky and rightly got the decision but not until after some confusion by the judges

Comment

I dont think he clearly lost to Hopkins.

Comment

I thought the close decision loss too simon was a fair result but i scored the vargas fight in favour of winky by 3 clear points if i remember rightly and ive never scored the Vasquez fight so i cant comment on that one

Comment

I'm not going to argue for Winky in the Vazquez fight. I think he definitely beat Vargas.

Comment

I had Wink sneaking the Vargas fight by two points I think from memory. But, I had Vasquez beating him due to the KD's and also Simon did beat him fairly.

Comment

I thought Winky won the Hopkins fight and the Vargas fight, I thought he beat Taylor also.

Comment

Giving Wright 9 rounds in the Vargas fight is shocking. That fight was extremly close, last time I scored it I give it to Winky by one round.

The Harry Simon was very close, but again no robbery. And he was for the most part dominated by Vasquez being knocked down 5 times, although he did have moments of success with his boxing skill in the fight.

Again, Jermain Taylor was a extremly close fight. Wright has been in alot of extremly close fights, which could have easily gone his way, but just because they didn't dosen't mean they were a robbery....No matter what Winky may tell you.

A close fight is not a robbery. To watch a robbery go and watch a fight like Whitaker vs Ramirez I.
                  Last edited by Heavy Bag; 12-02-2010, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X