Jose Aldo turned down fight vs. Kenny Florian

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Aldo turned down fight vs. Kenny Florian

by Eduardo Ferreira

WEC featherweight Champion Jose Aldo revealed to TATAME that he has been offered a fight against Kenny Florian, in which he’d move up to fight Kenny Florian, in December.

According to the fighter, his managers declined the bout. “They made the proposal. I wanna fight, it can be at WEC or in the UFC”, he told TATAME.

With the negative, Aldo will face Mark Hominick in January, while Kenny Florian fights Evan Duham at UFC 126.
    Link:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...Kenny-Florian/

Fighters can turn down fights in the WEC/UFC?

How about Dana tells him to fight or go to Strikeforce.

Comment

You can turn down for good reason. If he think he can't perform well at 55, then it's cool. No one is going to force him to move up.

He also might want to clear the division too.

Comment

Smart move. Florian is about 3 inches taller, has reach advantage and a massive weight difference. (FLorian has competed @ 185 lbs. and walks around 190)

His first 155 fight shouldn't be a contender.

Comment

Well thats a big step at 155 so it's understandable. I'd like to see him make the jump up after he beat Hominick & Crispi, and then start out by taking on Varner, Corrone,or Henderson first.

Kenny Florian is top of the food chain at 155. If he won he'd be the ****in man but I understand he might not be quite ready yet. The dudes only 24 still, give him another year and he can make the step up comfortable and start wreckin fools.

Comment

I agree with Aldo turning down this fight.

He should take on one or maybe two more fights at 145 starting with Hominick.

Florian is a top 5 Lightweight and is big for 155. Even though I think he has a pretty good chance against Florian, it's a very big risk and could derail all that momentum Aldo has. After Hominick, he should test himself against some WEC Lightweights first.

Aldo's only 24, and even though I think Edgar wouldn't last one round against him, I think bigger Lightweights, could pose a problem for Aldo. Maybe not. We'll never know unless we see it, but I think bringing Aldo up slowly is the right way to go and his management is making the right choices.

I doubt the majority of UFC fans even know who he is.

Comment

Stupid article. He didn't turned down the fight he wanted to fight but Master Perdeneiras turned it down. That's why he was the one talkinga bout it to the press.

PS: Florian wasn't even aware this fight was possible.

PPS: He wont move up earlier than 2012

Comment

Working...
              X