Name fighters who were Warriors and would ratehr die than lose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name fighters who were Warriors and would ratehr die than lose

in no particular order
    Last edited by DarkTerror88; 10-17-2010, 06:24 PM.

Evander Holyfield is the first name that comes to mind when I hear those words.

Gerald Mcclellan, almost litteraly died trying to knock off Benn's head as his brain imploded

Nigel Benn, basically beaten to a fine liquid against Mcclellan but kept going

George Foreman, against Lyle...nothing more needs to be said

Muhammad Ali, agianst alot of people Ali took a savage beating

Ron Lyle, took massive beatings against Shavers and Foreman, fought fearlessly against both despite

Joe Frazier, won my respect in the Foreman fight. went down 6 times, got up 6 times, could have been beaten to death within the 3rd round

Many many others that I cannot think of right now, so many brave individuals at all levels of the sport

Comment

Originally posted by XionComrade View Post
      Evander Holyfield is the first name that comes to mind when I hear those words.

Gerald Mcclellan, almost litteraly died trying to knock off Benn's head as his brain imploded

Nigel Benn, basically beaten to a fine liquid against Mcclellan but kept going

George Foreman, against Lyle...nothing more needs to be said

Muhammad Ali, agianst alot of people Ali took a savage beating

Ron Lyle, took massive beatings against Shavers and Foreman, fought fearlessly against both despite

Joe Frazier, won my respect in the Foreman fight. went down 6 times, got up 6 times, could have been beaten to death within the 3rd round

Many many others that I cannot think of right now, so many brave individuals at all levels of the sport
      Good picks.

I am going with Arturo Gatti and Fernando Vargas

Guys like them don't have careers that last very long. I am surprised Gatti lasted as long as he did.

Comment

barrera,morrales,marquez,tyson,micky ward,castillo,corrales,1 of my fav guys scott pemberton,qawi,chavez.been tons of warriors

Comment

I usually think it's just a phrase/exaggeration and that fighters naturally have a limit of how far they will go. They are human after all.

Corrales seemed somewhat believable in the sense that he was crazy and sick enough to really rather die in the ring than quit.

Definitely one of the bravest fighters I've seen.

It was actually written on his tombstone:

Last edited by Thread Stealer; 10-17-2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Shannon Briggs

Comment

Marvin Hagler

Comment

Israel Vasquez

Comment

Bobby Chacon
                  Jerry Quarry
                  Bazooka Limon
                  Carmen Basilio

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    Bobby Chacon
                    Jerry Quarry
                    Bazooka Limon
                    Carmen Basilio
                    Basilio is a good pick, although sometimes he is over euglised fr it Ali did have a will to win which was second to none...the amount of punishment he took in some matches to give himself a chance is just fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                    X