No announcement yet.

combinations that work for you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combinations that work for you?

this thread pops up regular in the training forum in regards to boxing so i was wondering what combinations(feet and hands)work for you guys.Im abit limited in what i throw so Im hoping to learn some moves here.

Hold A and press B + Up + Right + Down + Down + R

Comment

Ha Dooooooooo Keeeeen!!!!11111

Comment

bang bang pop pop kablamoooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by msocearnaigh
          this thread pops up regular in the training forum in regards to boxing so i was wondering what combinations(feet and hands)work for you guys.Im abit limited in what i throw so Im hoping to learn some moves here.
          Your question is too vague. But if I may answer just a little,

The difference between mma and boxing is like boxing is only one facet in a diamond. MMA is multi-faceted and that is why it shines so bright. MMA incorporates boxing into its facets and utilizes all the boxing has to offer and blends it in with whatever martial arts the fighter does to make him successful.

Comment

i presume the first few answers are from guys who do all their fighting on a computer,so no need for you to answer back.no disrespect its just id like some serious answers.

Originally posted by kcfman
            Your question is too vague. But if I may answer just a little,

The difference between mma and boxing is like boxing is only one facet in a diamond. MMA is multi-faceted and that is why it shines so bright. MMA incorporates boxing into its facets and utilizes all the boxing has to offer and blends it in with whatever martial arts the fighter does to make him successful.
            ok Im gonna try and be a bit more clearer.if you were in a fight/sparring what combinations of feet and hands do you find blend well togetherto score/ko an opponent.

Comment

i presume the first few answers are from guys who do all their fighting on a computer,so no need for you to answer back.no disrespect its just id like some serious answers.

ok Im gonna try and be a bit more clearer.if you were in a fight/sparring what combinations of feet and hands do you find blend well togetherto score/ko an opponent.
              That is still to vague but I will try:

There are so many moves that you could do but I will mention my favorites.(boxing and mma are totally different but I will tell you about the same key point on a right punch.)

Boxing

Standing southpaw, I would keep my distance by not planting and I key off his right hand. I will move right. I will try to slip his jab until he throws his right. At the time he throws his right, I will crouch down to my right and throw a right hook to the body, then a right uppercut and left hook to his head.

MMA

Standing southpaw, I would keep my distance and key off his right hand. I will move right but also have to be aware of a shoot or kick. Once he throws his right hand whether it be a straight punch or hook, I will immediately enter deflecting and dodging his punch and pushing his arm toward him to get him off balance. I will then (since we are close) grab his head and shove his head down while I bring my right arm up and try for a rear naked choke. While doing this, I will kick behind his knee so that it would distract him while trying to keep balance. If that doesnt work, I would muay thai clinch his head and start kneeing him in his face(jaw). If he falls down, I would immediately go for a full mount and rain punches and elbows. (like I said, there are so many moves)

hope that helps.

Comment

thats exactly what im talking about.im not skilled in take downs/clinches but id know the basics sortofthing.im fairly good at hands and feet on their own but combining the two is a bit trickier,ive only really seriously trained for about a year and its these sort of pointers that are invaluable to me.
                by the way,whats a "shoot"-im guessing its a footsweep.

Comment

my fight on a computer

http://malarky.udel.edu/~keith/2005/...43005stark.htm

here you can DL my first fight (its a video)

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2O...X1UJGHZYSCN29B
                  Last edited by VulgarTheClown; 08-11-2005, 06:45 AM.

Comment

by the way,whats a "shoot"-im guessing its a footsweep.
                    When your opponent "shoots" means trying to take you down to the ground by closing distance as fast as he can and goes after your legs by wrapping them up with his arms. To me, Chuck Liddel has one of the best, if not the best takedown defense. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X