No announcement yet.

Question for all those of Native American Descent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for all those of Native American Descent

Why do you all accept the term "Latino" despite the fact that it is a Euro-centered identity which seeks to foment the continued theft and destruction of the Native American (Aztec, Olmec, Maya, Navahoe) identity? There are no ancient "Latinos" whether in Southern Europe or Native America. If Native American becomes "Latino" then your pre Columbian (pre Latin) heritage is subliminated and the distinction between natives and Euro-interlopers is erased.

Really the identification is pretty vague. It's just a form of quick identification for people of Spanish speaking countries in the Americas to identify with. If you want to get into a more specific discussion then you bring up the points you have brought up. But, in a pretty vague manner the answer is indentification. All of us have indigenous blood, yet whether we represent it, or not is another subject. Personally I don't like the terms "Latino" or "Hispanic," but it appears to be words used to identify a whole group of people within a continent. Specifically speaking I am Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by Dro View Post
      Really the identification is pretty vague. It's just a form of quick identification for people of Spanish speaking countries in the Americas to identify with. If you want to get into a more specific discussion then you bring up the points you have brought up. But, in a pretty vague manner the answer is indentification. All of us have indigenous blood, yet whether we represent it, or not is another subject. Personally I don't like the terms "Latino" or "Hispanic," but it appears to be words used to identify a whole group of people within a continent. Specifically speaking I am Mexican.
      this..............................

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
        Why do you all accept the term "Latino" despite the fact that it is a Euro-centered identity which seeks to foment the continued theft and destruction of the Native American (Aztec, Olmec, Maya, Navahoe) identity? There are no ancient "Latinos" whether in Southern Europe or Native America. If Native American becomes "Latino" then your pre Columbian (pre Latin) heritage is subliminated and the distinction between natives and Euro-interlopers is erased.
        yo! share that gif ta kent!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X