No announcement yet.

putting on mass?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting on mass?

hi guys. i know everyone says muscle isnt important in boxing but i need to put some on at some point. i was just wondering how boxers add muscle if they want to move up a weight class. do they just hit the gym or is there some other way of putting on muscle? and how do they maintain that muscle without a gym?

Diet and weights my friend!

Eat surplus calories and weight train, you'll soon add muscle on your frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
      Diet and weights my friend!

Eat surplus calories and weight train, you'll soon add muscle on your frame.
      That + a diet heavy in proteins. I suggest protein shakes to make sure you eat enough proteins each day.

Your body uses proteins to rebuild muscle after a work out. So a lot of proteins(They don't have to come from shakes, meats like fish and chicken have tons of proteins.) plus training hard will make you gain muscle.

Comment

ok cool. how do you keep size up though when you stop lifting?

Comment

that what u just said, keeping up muscles without lifting, is why i love body weight exercises. and u can make that as hard as u want to. one handed pushups, hand stand pushups, pullups, box jumps, hurdle jumps, swinging the ropes, prowler. u can make the pushups and pullups harder with using weight vests, chains, etc.

do stretch though! gotta keep the flexibility

got it from www.defrancostraining.com

Comment

This is a good artice should read this .
            http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/hardcore.html

Comment

Working...
            X