No announcement yet.

Jack Johnson Put Up With More B.S. Than Any Other Champ In History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Johnson Put Up With More B.S. Than Any Other Champ In History

You think Ali had it tough with getting his title stripped and three years taken out of the game? You think Tyson had it tough with the 3 years in prison from a rape conviction? Well check out Jack Johnson this man had to put up with more crap than anyone in history. He was the first black heavyweight champion, so for that reason alone was hated by the then openly racist American public. During his fights he would get booed, spit at,called a n****r by hordes of angry whites who hated him for no other reason but the color of his skin, all this while he had to concentrate and fight in the ring. Promoters set up "The Great White Hope" movement to try to find a white fighter to dethrone him. He was hated so bad the government even set him up wrongfully with the Mann Act, which states that it is illegal to transport a white woman across state lines for immoral purposes. So basically the government was setting him up for dating white females and was ready to throw him in prison. Johnson escaped the country and defended his title outside of the USA while a fugitive from the law. Read up on your boxing history you'll see that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE had to put up with more crap than this man.

he was basicially arrested for transporting an underage WHITE woman across state lines, however, SHE WAS HIS 2nd WIFE AT THE TIME. jack johnson loved fast cars and young white women, both his wives were white. he was a rascal who died in the 40's, he was over sixty and behind the wheel of fast sports car. johnson has been a hero of mine for several years, ever since i saw the film made about his life called " The Great White Hope "

Comment

Beetch, I heard that pbs is going to run a documentary about J.Johnson sometime in January by film producer Ken Burns. Have you heard about it?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy
        Beetch, I heard that pbs is going to run a documentary about J.Johnson sometime in January by film producer Ken Burns. Have you heard about it?

Do you know of any DVDs they have about jack johnson? anything

Comment

Originally posted by johnny swift
          Do you know of any DVDs they have about jack johnson? anything
          Go to pbs.org and type in Jack Johnson for your search. There you can find a dvd entitled " Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson" by Ken Burns.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy
            Go to pbs.org and type in Jack Johnson for your search. There you can find a dvd entitled " Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson" by Ken Burns.

is that already out in the market for the people to buy?

Comment

wwwwoooowww i didnt know any of that stuff about johnson

Comment

Originally posted by johnny swift
                is that already out in the market for the people to buy?
                I think so, since it had a price tag under the dvd icon. PBS is also broadcasting the show on Jan 17-19. Check it out for yourself.

Comment

Ppl wonder why Joe Louis was quiet during his title reign simply because of Jack Johnson. The man had a great career he was a great fighter. Could you imagine if there was no joe louis and Ali came along running his mouth like he did.

Comment

i'll say my disclaimer first, so hopefully, people won't get offended.
                    THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, but i think Ali wanted to be jack johnson when he was a kid... documentary on bps? first i've heard of it but if ken burns is makin it it'll be good and i can't wait to see it

Comment

Working...
                    X