Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New bouts for PRIDE Final Conflict in August!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bouts for PRIDE Final Conflict in August!

Pride FC has announced two more matches to the Final Conflict card.

Hidehiko Yoshida vs. Tank Abbott
    and
    Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Igor Vovchanchyn in a reserve match

the up-to-date card now looks like:

- TBD PRIDE Middleweight tournament Final*
    - Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Fedor Emelianenko
    - Vanderlei Silva vs. Ricardo Arona*
    - Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Alistair Overeem*
    - Hidehiko Yoshida vs. Tank Abbott
    - Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Igor Vovchanchyn in a reserve match
    - Vitor Belfort vs. TBA

* of course means tournament match
    Last edited by restless_438; 07-28-2005, 01:44 PM.

Yoshida should tap out Abbott in the 1st round unless he gets caught by a big punch, but I'd say Yoshida by submission in the 1st. Igor vs Nakamura is probably going the distance with Igor winning.

Comment

Keep an eye out for a work in the Tank/Yoshi fight.....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps

I doubt Tank even knows how to work a fight. I doubt there will be a work any Tank fight.

Comment

Not a chance in ****ing hell. I don't think Yoshida needs to work fights... The man has legitimate skills.

Comment

Nice, the fight hasn't even happened yet. Are you one of those people that calls works everytime your fighter loses? I certainly hope note.

Comment

No, but what a great way for them to build Yoshida back up after getting his ass handed to him by Rulon eh? Anyone who thinks Tank wouldn't take a few extra bucks to throw a fight is crazy. Yoshi has legit skills and I'd hate to see a work, but pride has put on works in the past to get there japanese stars over....

Comment

No, but what a great way for them to build Yoshida back up after getting his ass handed to him by Rulon eh? Anyone who thinks Tank wouldn't take a few extra bucks to throw a fight is crazy. Yoshi has legit skills and I'd hate to see a work, but pride has put on works in the past to get there japanese stars over....

The fight with Rulon was AGES ago. They don't really need to build him up any, as he's coming off a split decision with Silva. So they don't really need to work a fight to get him over, cause he's already super over with the Japanese fans anyways. He's Pride's Japanese "ace" at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Squezze
                  The fight with Rulon was AGES ago. They don't really need to build him up any, as he's coming off a split decision with Silva. So they don't really need to work a fight to get him over, cause he's already super over with the Japanese fans anyways. He's Pride's Japanese "ace" at the moment.
                  Yoshi deff doesn't need a work to beat Tank.. just let the first 30secs wind down, Tank should be gassed from just standin there..

Comment

I agree, I wouldn't put anything that involves more money past Tank, but I also like to think that works are a thing of the past and that this will not happen. If it did happen (big if), then I'm sure Yoshida would have nothing to do with it, it would most likely be between Tank and Pride.

Comment

Working...
                    X