Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would a pair of Grant 16oz set me back in the UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would a pair of Grant 16oz set me back in the UK?

When I get my cashflow problems sorted, I'm looking to invest in these at some point. What sort of price am I looking at? I dread to think...

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
    When I get my cashflow problems sorted, I'm looking to invest in these at some point. What sort of price am I looking at? I dread to think...
    http://grantboxing.com/Grant-Campeoa...fo/GNTTGE/3917

Comment

Unless you are going to get the grant pro line don't waste your money getting the campeon.

If you're going to do training than I highly suggest getting the Ringside IMF Tech gloves.

Great all around gloves for anything.

http://www.ringside.com/Ringside-IMF...ductinfo/MFTG/

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
        Unless you are going to get the grant pro line don't waste your money getting the campeon.

If you're going to do training than I highly suggest getting the Ringside IMF Tech gloves.

Basically, my needs are as follows...
        • Needs to be 16oz, because sparring and pad/bagwork will be their sole use.
        • My hands need the utmost protection, because my wrists are crap (previous injuries unrelated to boxing). That's why I've initially looked at Grant, because I hear they're the ones best used for protecting weak hands.
        • Laces aren't needed. I don't have the time to be doing them up.
        • Thumb area needs to be rigid and of excellent quality. I'm currently relying on a cheapo pair of Tornado 16oz'ers, and the thumb protection they provide is awful - especially for hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post

I have a pair of the black/red/white super bag gloves and they feel great. I think they are the model before they renamed the line Campeon.

I was going to get the a pair of the campeon training gloves, based on how much I like the super bag gloves and the fact that they were on sale for $59.00. What don't you like about the campeon line?

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            Basically, my needs are as follows...
            • Needs to be 16oz, because sparring and pad/bagwork will be their sole use.
            • My hands need the utmost protection, because my wrists are crap (previous injuries unrelated to boxing). That's why I've initially looked at Grant, because I hear they're the ones best used for protecting weak hands.
            • Laces aren't needed. I don't have the time to be doing them up.
            • Thumb area needs to be rigid and of excellent quality. I'm currently relying on a cheapo pair of Tornado 16oz'ers, and the thumb protection they provide is awful - especially for hooks.
            I dont know why people say they will use gloves for bag work and sparring, really you should have a sperate pair for sparring as your bag gloves' foam will get compressed and isnt too friendly for your partners.

The gloves that provide the best protection for your hands are winnings, just check out what all the top pro boxers use.
            Last edited by RAV3N; 09-05-2010, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Gotta go with Ringside IMF Tech gloves, retails for $99.99.

I always get my stuff from ebay, here's a search:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

excellent wrist/hand protection. and VERY durable. I have a pair from 2006 and I still use it today on the bag without any issues.

I also use an extra pair for sparring only.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                I dont know why people say they will use gloves for bag work and sparring, really you should have a sperate pair for sparring as your bag gloves' foam will get compressed and isnt too friendly for your partners.
                Well think of it this way - I'm not going to be in a position to buy two pairs of expensive gloves. Also, the sparring I do with a friend is very light and technique-based, rather than power-based. We're not punching each others' heads off.

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                The gloves that provide the best protection for your hands are winnings, just check out what all the top pro boxers use.
                Those things cost a bomb. Totally unnecessary for my purposes.

Comment

you dont need two expensive gloves. get the grant for sparring and then some twins or hayabusa for the bag/mitt

Comment

ive got these mate and they are really good

but as the boys in the thread have said,ringside imf tech and winnings are suppose to be the bollocks,im going to invest into a pair of those next time around

Comment

Working...
                    X