UFC or Pride??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC or Pride??

Which do you prefer to watch and why???
    I choose pride, I can't stand Dana White, I can't stand boring fights and alot of fights that go to decisions in UFC with
    american vs non american seem kinda one sided when they announce the winner.. I understand what UFC is tryin to do, but I feel it would be a much better event if the decisions were fair and the fighters were world class.. Sure there are a few world class fighter in the UFC but alot of em wouldn't stand a chance in the Pride ring.. Look at Tito from UFC he went to TnA what a joke..

at least he aint rasta smoker.

but yeah pride is a better show if for no other reason than resourses.

Comment

Only thing i dont like at pride is they stop and resume the fight when fighters are beside the edge of the platform. why dont they just let it go and just re-start it when they do fall over. it kinda disrupts the rhythm when they are stopped like that.

UFC is better off in its early days, no rules, now they cant hit a fighter sitting down. and the time, ten minutes a round would be fantastic.

Comment

I agree with the stricking an opponent to the head (with kicks and knees)on the ground. I feel that takes a lot of strategy and excitement out of the sport.

Comment

I believe alot of fights get ruined in the UFC due to cuts from elbows, I luv seein em, it's just a shame they cut a guy so easily.. though the UFC should adopt knees or soccer kicks or somthin.. Why doesnt' a fight org allow all the various strikes.. Excluding the obvious, (eye gouge, groin shot, thumb in cut.. ETC. ETC)

Comment

Originally posted by LHWchamp5
            I believe alot of fights get ruined in the UFC due to cuts from elbows, I luv seein em, it's just a shame they cut a guy so easily.. though the UFC should adopt knees or soccer kicks or somthin.. Why doesnt' a fight org allow all the various strikes.. Excluding the obvious, (eye gouge, groin shot, thumb in cut.. ETC. ETC)
            yeah man no rules, i like that very much, and headbutt too.

Comment

Originally posted by LHWchamp5

They could stop the amount of cuts if they took out elbows. And if they took that out it would be a good time to add in the knees and kicks. The problem in the UFC right now is that fighters are not trying to finsh a fight or even really beat up their opponent up, there just looking for the easy win, get the guy down cut him with elbows and get the stoppage. Tito Ortiz is a prime example of this. I like both UFC and Pride but do to many reasons Pride is starting to take over the sport and thats a shame for the UFC who started four years earlier and is in the country that is suposed to be the best in sporting entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Warden11
                They could stop the amount of cuts if they took out elbows. And if they took that out it would be a good time to add in the knees and kicks. The problem in the UFC right now is that fighters are not trying to finsh a fight or even really beat up their opponent up, there just looking for the easy win, get the guy down cut him with elbows and get the stoppage. Tito Ortiz is a prime example of this. I like both UFC and Pride but do to many reasons Pride is starting to take over the sport and thats a shame for the UFC who started four years earlier and is in the country that is suposed to be the best in sporting entertainment.
                I believe UFC's growing failure has alot to do with DanaWhite..
                He constantly says the UFC has the best fighters in the world, yet most fighters are american born with the exception of a very few.. They should quit the racism and open up the talent pool IMO
                UFC greats cannot compare to Pride greats with obvious reasons, I think alot of fighters are getting fed up with the politics involved in the UFC and that is why so many have left..

Comment

thats a fact , as long most of the fighters are in side the borderline ,it will never be big ass pride ,people all over the world compete in pride en they dominate japenese people dhont mind gettin a couple japs getting there ass kicked but when it comes to the american audience a lot of pocorn throwing and booing maybe Danas fear is getting exposes??????

Comment

I watch both. Pride is like a steak. While UFC is like Hamburger. I like them both! But I prefer steak but I wont grumble if I eat hamburger. In fact I eat Hamburger more than I eat steak but the steak is far better satisfying. Catch my drift?

Comment

Working...
                    X