How Many of You Own a Bag at home?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many of You Own a Bag at home?

.....and if so, do you use it?

I'm finding it harder to get down to the gym after work and thought it might be a good investment to train the heavy bag at home.

Thoughts?

That would be a good idea. Sounds dumb but I only use the public gym to be more social or get away from home. Or better yet if I can't sleep at 3 AM I'll drive on over to the gym just for the settings and get away. I have out-of-gym access to a heavy bag, speed bag, slip bag, and everything else needed for training, but I like meeting new people at the gym and talking to workers I'm friends with and all the other reasons I listed. If you don't have any of these reasons attached to your desire to keep your gym membership and worse yet it's getting in the way of work and everyday life, yes, you should get rid of your membership and instead practice at home. It's much cheaper that way in the long run anyway.

Comment

I work out at home, i converted my garage in to small gym. I put up a heavy bag, speed ball, double end bag and got a weights bench and cross-trainer. I save a hell of a lot on gym membership and i can use it anytime, like you after work i don't have time to get down the gym. Plus the time travelling to and from the gym you could be working out! Just do your road work on the street.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

The only real problem I have is that I live in an apartment, so it's kind of hard to hang up a bag.

Comment

I would love to have a garage to work out in

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/album.php?albumid=271

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral Corner View Post
              Thanks for the input guys.

The only real problem I have is that I live in an apartment, so it's kind of hard to hang up a bag.
              No problem. Just get a heavy bag stand or a heavy bag and speed bag stand in one. As long as your neighbors don't mind the noise, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by GymRat View Post
                No problem. Just get a heavy bag stand or a heavy bag and speed bag stand in one. As long as your neighbors don't mind the noise, that is.
                Fuck the neighbors get one of these.

Comment

Yup, buying my heavy bag was one of the best things I've ever done. Its so easy to set up a home boxing gym, best thing I've ever done.

I have two cheap, used full size mirrors set up next to my heavy bag for shadowboxing. I also made a slip bag out of a bag of beans and gaffers tape. So I have 3 "stations" I do a few rounds at each for my workouts.

Comment

Uh I have a bag but it's only 60 lbs. I'm pretty sure that's like too light. The problem is it was hell to get it up there. And I'm too broke and too lazy to put up a new one.

Comment

Working...
                    X