No announcement yet.

Ufc ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ufc ?

Hey im new to this site and have recently been interested in MMA or UFC type of fighting..
    Im just looking to know does anyone do this type of fighting here and how do you prepare for a sport like this ? what kind of training ?

Thanks!

Alot of people here train. MMA is Mixed Martial arts, so basically you want to train yourself in a striking art such as Muay Thai, Kick boxing, boxing, ect. and a grappling art such as wrestling, Jiu Jitsu, or Judo.....

Comment

So do i actully join 2 different clubs ?
      1 for striking arts and 1 for grappling arts ?
      are do places do them all in 1 ?

Is there anyone else from Ireland on this site that does this type of fighting im looking for a local club but havent seemed to find the right one..

Comment

Originally posted by Koch 33/SG1

Is there anyone else from Ireland on this site that does this type of fighting im looking for a local club but havent seemed to find the right one..

It might be tough to find one in Ireland. Hell, I don't think I've even heard of any Irish fighters.

Comment

Wow, I dont know about Ireland. There are MMA gyms that teach everything, but I dont know about Ireland, you'd probably have to join 2 different gyms, I'll look around and see what I can find in that land of the leprocans....

Comment

land of the leprocans
            Thats a good one..
            Guess ill try huanting for a few gyms myself but as yous have said, it seems that no1 in Ireland do this type of fighting, we dont know what were missing eh ??

Comment

land of the leprocans
              Thats a good one..
              Guess ill try huanting for a few gyms myself but as yous have said, it seems that no1 in Ireland do this type of fighting, we dont know what were missing eh ??
              learn grappling first, preferably judo on which jujitsu originated. striking comes in naturally in a fighter imo.

Comment

How long should be spent on grappling, 1 year, 4 years ?? Is it as important as Striking are is it 30% - 70% for example ??

Comment

If you are in North America there are clubs that offer numerous skills to train in.. Though there are some that are kick box specific or Judo specific alot of clubs offer the variety of BJJ, kick boxing/Muay Thai/Judo/Wrestlin, all depends on what you wanna pay for...
                  considering fights start off standing up, I would focus more on my stand up skills as a rookie, but deffinatly wouldn't neglect the ground skills...
                  how much you wanna train of each is pretty much your decision.
                  If you feel your hurtin or more interested in standup?? Then focus on that vise-versa for the ground game..
                  Alot of peeps have no clue when it comes to the ground game....
                  If you have lots of time to train and your in good shape?? Focus on both equally..

Comment

Working...
                  X