No announcement yet.

Advice on a good pair of shoes...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a good pair of shoes...

I'm looking at getting my first pair of boxing shoes and wondered If anyone could recommend any which are;

- Low cut
    - Light (in terms of weight)
    - Good support
    - Dark colours (not too flashy)
    - For under £50

Any links etc would be cool!
    Cheers, appreciate any replies.

I might recommend you something like low cut shoes. Shoes like this make you more comfortable while fighting or in training. They are also durable like you are wishing to have.
    Last edited by lacsonjake17; 08-12-2010, 04:44 AM.

Comment

whatever you do, DO NOT buy lonsdales. piece of **** quality. my typhoon soles fell off after like 3 training sessions and i had to glue them back on. pathetic.

same with their gloves

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
        Tbh Lonsdale were one of the makes I was looking at as they're cheap but I now I know they're cheap for a reason!
        I quite like the look of these ones......
        http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/adid...iii-boots.html

Comment

i have some lonsdale tornado boots and they are good tbh. I agree with gloves, i had some that tore apart after one session.

Comment

Ordered the "ADIDAS COMBAT SPEED III BOOTS" myself. They arrived yesterday so I haven't had a chance to try them out properly.

I've tried them out at home however and they support the ankle well.
            The grip seems good also.
            As you'd expect from a pair of boots with "speed" in the name, they are very light.

Also think they look cool without being too fancy.

Will be trying them out in the gym on Saturday so I can let you know what I think after that. Though, past experience with Adidas gear is positive - their stuff is usually very reliable.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Cool - nice one Panda!
              Be interested to hear what you say after a session in the gym but I agree about the design - understated cool

Cheers

Comment

Nike's "Lo-top" boxing shoes have always been one of the better models on the market. I think the SKU is NLT1

Also check out Rival's new shoes, they're sweet!

Comment

Adidas are the best buy imo, last longer than other ones. Buy quality if i was you dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Lloydy View Post
                    Cool - nice one Panda!
                    Be interested to hear what you say after a session in the gym but I agree about the design - understated cool

Cheers
                    Hi Lloydy,

Just got back from the gym. Tried out the boots and they were really comfortable. Did some pad work and sparring with them and they gave great support and grip.

They tick all the boxes in regards to what you wanted (good support, low cut, etc). I think for the money they are a decent buy, but like you, these are my first proper boxing boots so I've nothing to compare them to.

As I said before, adidas gear I've used in the past (football boots, running equipment, etc) has always done the job and you tend to get your moneys worth in terms of durability.

Again, hope that helps mate.

Comment

Working...
                    X