No announcement yet.

The Rise of the Footsoldier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rise of the Footsoldier

Just saw it last night for the first time. Great film! Gruesome as **** which was great, automatically one of my favorite films.

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
    Just saw it last night for the first time. Great film! Gruesome as **** which was great, automatically one of my favorite films.
    I thought it was pretty poor to be honest. A lot of my friends were raving about how good it was, but when I watched it I was left thoroughly underwhelmed; poor acting, dis-jointed plot, etc. Essex Boys starring Sean Bean, which was based on the same event, is a better film in my opinion.

Comment

I thought it was alright wouldent say it was amazing.

Comment

Its a good film imo

Comment

I really enjoy English crime and football films and this one had elements of both. I really enjoyed it. As far as serious English films go this is probably my favorite next to The Football Factory.

Comment

I really enjoy English crime and football films and this one had elements of both. I really enjoyed it. As far as serious English films go this is probably my favorite next to The Football Factory.
            Have you seen ID or AwayDays?????

Comment

ROTF is a class film, entertaining as hell.

And if you like that watch out for Bonded By Blood which is out in September, it's also based on the Rettendon Range Rover murders but it focussed on the 3 gangsters (Tony Tucker, Pate Tate and Craig Rolfe) more, and their dealings and not Carlton Leech.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1540400/

Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
                Have you seen ID or AwayDays?????
                Awaydays was not bad and I have I.D. on DVD but I can't watch it because I bought a foreign version not compatible with my DVD player.

Comment

Awaydays was not bad and I have I.D. on DVD but I can't watch it because I bought a foreign version not compatible with my DVD player.
                  If you're into the Brit crime sort of films, i recommend 'Scum'.

That will get your juices going.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny Corleone View Post
                    ROTF is a class film, entertaining as hell.

And if you like that watch out for Bonded By Blood which is out in September, it's also based on the Rettendon Range Rover murders but it focussed on the 3 gangsters (Tony Tucker, Pate Tate and Craig Rolfe) more, and their dealings and not Carlton Leech.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1540400/

Can't wait.
                    Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                    If you're into the Brit crime sort of films, i recommend 'Scum'.

That will get your juices going.
                    Thanks for the suggestions I will check both out.

Comment

Working...
                    X