Toney, Hopkins
    Frazier, Tyson:
    Foreman, Liston
    Toney:
    Jones
    Ali:
    Norton, Witherspoon

Can anyone here list any more?
    Last edited by Toney616; 07-03-2010, 10:43 AM.

Witherspoon? never heard of him.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
      Witherspoon? never heard of him.
      Terrible Tim Witherspoon was the man, you should check out his fight with holmes its on youtube. He fought out of a "crab" defense like Norton did

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
        Terrible Tim Witherspoon was the man, you should check out his fight with holmes its on youtube. He fought out of a "crab" defense like Norton did
        Interesting choice, I see where your getting at. The crab style did trouble Ali.

EDIT: Nortons identical twin. I only watched a few seconds, lol. Stopped watching at 2:43.
        Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-03-2010, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Interesting choice, I see where your getting at. The crab style did trouble Ali.

EDIT: Nortons identical twin. I only watched a few seconds, lol. Stopped watching at 2:41.
          Ali rarely went to the body, so a fighter fighting out of the "crab" defense would always give him fits, due to the fact that Ali would struggle to land his jabs and straight rights

Comment

Ali rarely went to the body, so a fighter fighting out of the "crab" defense would always give him fits, due to the fact that Ali would struggle to land his jabs and straight rights
            I thought of my own.

Ken Norton:
            George Foreman, Cleveland Williams, Sonny liston

Comment

I thought of my own.

Ken Norton:
              George Foreman, Cleveland Williams, Sonny liston
              To beat guys like Foreman/Liston who have to have a fight style like a young Cassius Clay - a fighter with a good jab, great foot speed and fast reflexes.

Why do you think Williams is a bad style match up for him, Norton was good at defending against left hooks, it was right hooks that he had a problem with?

On the flip side I could see you point, he didn't really have very long arms, which meant that he would always had to step into the range of a big puncher to get off his shots. He carried his left arm low and didn't have the foot speed to get in and out on time.
              Last edited by Toney616; 07-03-2010, 11:11 AM.

Comment

To beat guys like Foreman/Liston who have to have a fight style like a young Cassius Clay - a fighter with a good jab, great foot speed and fast reflexes.

Why do you think Williams is a bad style match up for him?
                Tall, fast heavy hitter, good counter puncher. Basically, any big hitter could give him trouble. Even the most limited of them; earnie shavers got to him. Cleveland Williams' skillset is better on top.
                Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-03-2010, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Tall, fast heavy hitter, good counter puncher. Basically, any big hitter could give him trouble.
                  I just thought about that and had just finished reediting my original post, lol

Comment

I just thought about that and had just finished reediting my original post, lol
                    At 3:00 is a beauty:

Counter punching an 84' jab is quite impressive. Now what do you think would happen if that hit Nortons chin?
                    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-03-2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X