Footwork Drills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footwork Drills

Hey.

Do you know any good drills to work on footwork? I've been training for a couple of years so I dont need any basic stuff just something to work on to get to the next level, quicker sharper etcundefined

Any ideas would be appreciated

I'm also wondering about this. Feels like I pretty often get stuck, for a moment at least , in the middle distances when my opponents start throwing bombs at me. I think better footworkmight save me during those occasions.

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean. when trading punches on trying to counter punches if your feet aren't in the right place you just can't do it effectively.

Its something I want to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli
        Yeah I know what you mean. when trading punches on trying to counter punches if your feet aren't in the right place you just can't do it effectively.

Yeah I'm working on it too but I guess I have to work harder

Comment

keep your hands up and sidestep around large circles while throwing punches it feels wierd at first. then switch and run backwards and throw punches then run to the other side doing side steps.

you can jump up and down on a tire and keep moving and dodging

back and forth footwork while shadowboxing and leaning to one side. ex/ when u jump forward lean towards your left leg as if you were dodging a punch when u jump backward lean between your legs as if you were dodging a punch

when you jump rope try all different kinds of movements.try moving like you do in the ring with a jump rope. try it orthodox and then switch to southpaw stance.

all these feltpretty wierd to me at first but my footwork was definetly a lot better

Comment

kill two birds with one stone - if you have a girl dance with her - like how they dance in 'shall we dance'. If you watched the contender you could see alfonso dancing and them saying how it helps. not only does it help with the footwork but it will get you in the good book of most women, as they love dancing.

if you want to dance alone then you can do that too - get some fast paced music with a good beat and just dance along with that keeping in your stance, moving constantly and doing sharp pivots.

it may not be the traditional way but it help. If noting more its always good to vary how you train.

Comment

http://trinity.psnw.com/~dlmurray/footdrills.html
              Most of it is basic

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli

Hey, Machiavelli! Know who my avatar is?

Comment

Working...
                X