Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between Grant pro sparring/training gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Grant pro sparring/training gloves?

Hey guys, anyone know what the difference is between these two gloves and if there is any, which pair is better?

http://www.grantboxing.com/detail.aspx?ID=22619

^^Training gloves

http://www.ringside.com/Grant-Pro-Sp...ductinfo/GTNG/

^^Sparring gloves

Thanks.

"training" is usually the same as sparring gloves.

it's just that "bag" gloves should only be used on bags/mitts, while training can be for anything.

but in this case, with the big price difference between the two links you posted, i'm not so sure.

the product code seems to be the same for both (GTNG )

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
      "training" is usually the same as sparring gloves.

it's just that "bag" gloves should only be used on bags/mitts, while training can be for anything.

but in this case, with the big price difference between the two links you posted, i'm not so sure.

the product code seems to be the same for both (GTNG )
      Yeah, I actually ordered the "training" ones on grant's site thinking they were the same but cheaper, but it turns out they are backordered.

Now I'm thinking about cancelling my order and getting the more expensive "sparring" gloves from ringside, with the free shipping code it's only about 10 dollars more expensive there anyway.

Comment

I've always found it weird how alot of the stuff on Ringside is different from what is on the actual site of the company. It's the same with the Reyes site, the gloves are different. All I can say is I had those exact gloves you posted from the Grant site. And they were top notch, great quality and durability.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdsIView View Post
          Hey guys, anyone know what the difference is between these two gloves and if there is any, which pair is better?

http://www.grantboxing.com/detail.aspx?ID=22619

^^Training gloves

http://www.ringside.com/Grant-Pro-Sp...ductinfo/GTNG/

^^Sparring gloves

Thanks.
          sparring gloves are for sparring and training gloves are for training.

sparring gloves are going to be softer and more likely to compress over time. if you use the foam sparring gloves on a bag they are going to compress flat and not provide any where near as much padding as if you were to only use them sparring so you should use sparring gloves for sparring.

training gloves have a harder foam not quite as hard as bag gloves but still hard enough that it will take much more time for them to flatten out on the bag. you can use them on the bag mits and sparring though after a year of solid bag use it probably wouldnt be best to use them for sparring either as the foam does compress eventually.

Comment

training gloves = sparring gloves

and its no different on ringside. if you look at where they put the grants ("training gloves") thats what they are. training gloves. all the gloves in the "training gloves" area are sparring gloves

personally i would only consider the grants from grantboxing. the ringside grants look like crap just like the ringside reyes gloves. we talked about that yesterday. if you wanna buy some grants or reyes make sure you get the real ones, not the ringside version.

and dont worry about the price difference. they were 149 before so actually they raised the price and now they make it look like they went down from 199 to 179. same with the reyes. you can get the original reyes for less (on other sites) than the ringside reyes

Comment

It seems strange ringside has more stock and a better variety of different coloued gloves then grantboxing itself.. anyone know the deal with that?

Comment

From what I remember Ringside is Grant's official US distributer, I think it's some BS though that they went from $150 to $170 without any kind of change in the product outside of the name. I wanted to pick up a pair because I thought the campeons were decent gloves, but I might as well get some Cleto reyes because they are slightly cheaper

Comment

Working...
                X