No announcement yet.

When the best moment to slip/bob?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the best moment to slip/bob?

What works better for you, slippin or bobben before u deliver the combination to ur oppenent,during your combination or after?

When the punches are thrown at you. Try to be economical with your movements, meaning you shouldn't waste energy when you don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostFighter View Post
      What works better for you, slippin or bobben before u deliver the combination to ur oppenent,during your combination or after?
      After you throw a combination begin to bob right away. That's how fighting works. You throw, and when you finish throwing, your opponent will throw at you, so that's the best time to move your head.

Comment

I usually tried to slip a punch when i see it coming but some guys have really fast hands which makes it almost impossible but when recently i started to slip or bob right away after my combination and it worked great where some guys thought i just had great reflexes, but you do leave the fight a bit to luck though.

Comment

Im not that fast personally so i always begin to move as soon as I'am done with my combination.

Comment

hit and move always.. it took me a long time and alot of punches to learn this.

Comment

When a punch is thrown by the other guy, I try to bob immediately to the outside of the punch - which means to the left to the outside of my opponent's right cross and to the right to get outside of my opponent's jab - then counter with my body momentum and step to the side.

It usually takes a few times to practice against each opponent, getting used to their speed and angles, but I find that if I counter the first punch, then escape the same way I bobbed, I can limit their output and make it easier to catch them the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by 11wordisbond View Post
                When the punches are thrown at you. Try to be economical with your movements, meaning you shouldn't waste energy when you don't have to.
                try o anticipate ur oponents shots, if the guy you are fighting has speed advantage u may not be able to avoid the shots when they are thrown

Comment

I watched a video with former Canadian Olympic and professional coach Russ Anber. He drew something to my attention that I think is paramount to answering your question. I also realised Floyd Mayweather Jr does it too. It's called research, practice and using your brain. Almost every attack in boxing has a counter punch. Eventhough some have more than one, there is always one dominant counter for each punch which almost every one uses. For instance rolling the right and countering with your own right. The key to giving the illusion of fast reflexes is to know these counters and practice them endlessly on the mitts. If you look at Roger's mitt work, most people think it's rehearsed bull**** but what it is is an intricately orchestrated display of knowledge and taught instinct. For every display of the mitt Floyd knows which punch to throw and what counter is likely to come, he then defends it and throws back his own counter to which Roger catches and throws back the counter for Floyd's counter and it goes on and on. They are geniuses. I've also seen Freddie Roach doing something similar with Pac man.

The key isn't to just slip or bob after your punch and hope for the best. You need to study your combos and see what are the most likely responses to them, then plan and PRACTICE the appropriate defense for the likely counters to your combos and if you're good enough appropriate counters to your opponents counters... little in boxing is about luck, those guys at the top are geniuses not gamblers.

Comment

Working...
                  X