Faster reflexes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster reflexes?

Hi guys. What can I do to increase my reaction times / reflexes? Cheers

Sadly there is no magical excercise discovered yet.

Just do it over and over and over again. And when you are tired of doing it over and over, keep doing it again, then over again. After that, rest, then start doing it again.

Most people fight like this

Sight (this guy is throwing a punch)
    thought( what should I do to protect myself)
    react (i should move my head)

sight -> thought -> react.

Sadly though, the thought process takes so long, they dont have time to react to avoid the punch.

Trained boxers are like this

sight -> react.

Guess what gets rid of the thought process? Ill give you a hint, its something you have to do over and over, and over again.

Plus, the more you do it, the more you train those muscles to react as quickly as possible.

So once again, reduce reaction time + faster reflexes? Do a technique over, and over, and over, and over........and over......and over....and you got it!

Comment

Mitts... if you got a good training partner, mitts are awesome. You can train defense, reaction, counter-punching...

Comment

beware of feints ..

Comment

Crack.

It worked for Pernell Whitaker.

Comment

Ive heard juggling can increase the reaction time of ur brain, not sure if its true but it does help with hand eye coordination for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
              Sadly there is no magical excercise discovered yet.

Just do it over and over and over again. And when you are tired of doing it over and over, keep doing it again, then over again. After that, rest, then start doing it again.

Most people fight like this

Sight (this guy is throwing a punch)
              thought( what should I do to protect myself)
              react (i should move my head)

sight -> thought -> react.

Sadly though, the thought process takes so long, they dont have time to react to avoid the punch.

Trained boxers are like this

sight -> react.

Guess what gets rid of the thought process? Ill give you a hint, its something you have to do over and over, and over again.

Plus, the more you do it, the more you train those muscles to react as quickly as possible.

So once again, reduce reaction time + faster reflexes? Do a technique over, and over, and over, and over........and over......and over....and you got it!
              ^^ that

Mitts and sparring help greatly in improving reflexes. If you keep at it, it will eventually become second nature. The thinking part is eliminated because you were in that situation before and you can react a lot faster.

Comment

This might sound crazy but ive read that playing 1st person shooters online like modern warfare 2 will increase your reflexes. It requires a lot of hand eye coordination and reflexes just like boxing does.

The other method is repitition, you will gain reflexes as you train more and also focus mitts are awesome for this as well.
                Last edited by ChowAce; 04-30-2010, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X