No announcement yet.

Dana says Brown wasn't 100%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana says Brown wasn't 100%

"I hate talking about this kind of stuff because I don't like taking anything away from Manny Gamburyan who went in there and knocked him out tonight and looked great doing it. But before the fight started, I was sitting next to Jake Shields and Mark DellaGrotte and both guys said to me '(Brown) might lose tonight.'

"He's got a lot of personal problems, his girlfriend broke up with him, he skipped camp for like 14 days. He's got some personal problems that he's dealing with right now and this isn't basketball or baseball where you lose and say 'Ah, we still got 130 games left so it's all good.' In fighting you're only as good as your last fight and you have to be physically, mentally and emotionally ready every time you go in there and I don't think that was the case with him tonight.

"I think he's one of the best in the world, I think he's got some personal problems right now but I'm sure he'll be back as soon as he sorts them out."
    http://www.mmamania.com/2010/4/25/14...wn-knocked-out

Typical Dana White bull****. Trying to down play Manny's impressive win by saying the more marketable fighter was not "into" the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      Typical Dana White bull****. Trying to down play Manny's impressive win by saying the more marketable fighter was not "into" the fight...
      Your hate for Dana White knows no bounds. If you actually read the link, he wasn't even the one who suggested that Brown wasn't 100% and may lose the fight. It was Shields and Dellagrotte.

I've never seen Dana downplay anyone pulling off an upset. So I don't see how this is "typical Dana White bull****"

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
        Your hate for Dana White knows no bounds. If you actually read the link, he wasn't even the one who suggested that Brown wasn't 100% and may lose the fight. It was Shields and Dellagrotte.

I've never seen Dana downplay anyone pulling off an upset. So I don't see how this is "typical Dana White bull****"
        Your love for him knows no bounds. Dana is the source of these quotes so just take it for what it's worth. Keep believing his bull****, singing Toney and Kimbo while actual talented fighters get passed over...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          Your love for him knows no bounds. Dana is the source of these quotes so just take it for what it's worth. Keep believing his bull****, singing Toney and Kimbo while actual talented fighters get passed over...
          I never said I liked him, but anytime something goes wrong in MMA, with you, it always happens to be Dana's fault. When in this case it's not.

Toney, while not a skilled MMA fighter, is a skilled combatant with legit credentials, and could be a crucial for luring some boxing fans to MMA. If not for making them an instant fan of the sport, then at least for curiosity sake.

Kimbo puts asses in seats and makes the UFC money. Regardless of how much he sucks. That's one ****ty fighter

There aren't THAT many highly skilled and talented fighters that aren't in the UFC. The only fighter I see people jumping through hoops to see in the UFC is Fedor.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
            I never said I liked him, but anytime something goes wrong in MMA, with you, it always happens to be Dana's fault. When in this case it's not.

Toney, while not a skilled MMA fighter, is a skilled combatant with legit credentials, and could be a crucial for luring some boxing fans to MMA. If not for making them an instant fan of the sport, then at least for curiosity sake.

Kimbo puts asses in seats and makes the UFC money. Regardless of how much he sucks. That's one ****ty fighter

There aren't THAT many highly skilled and talented fighters that aren't in the UFC. The only fighter I see people jumping through hoops to see in the UFC is Fedor.

Nothing went wrong, except Dana trying to downplay Manny's victory. Manny worked hard and to have the president of the company basically say the win was worthless because he heard Brown was having personal problems is a slap in the face....

Comment

Working...
            X