No announcement yet.

Wosrt Boxing Books You Have Read?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wosrt Boxing Books You Have Read?

Past or Present, what are the worst boxing books you have read?

Gloves Glory & God by H. Armstrong :Just a boring book,laking detail.
    Flight of the Hawk by A. Pryor:Lame book, didnt like it at all.
    Dick Tiger by A. Makinde: Very hard to follow,reads more like a text book

Raging Bull is Good

Comment

Originally posted by badboy125 View Post

Raging Bull is Good
      Did Henry Armstrong write that himself?

And tell me more about Tiger's Book?

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
        Did Henry Armstrong write that himself?

And tell me more about Tiger's Book?
        yes Henry wrote this and another book.

the Tiger book layout is not the type for me i probably had trouble reading so you can try to read it.

Comment

By George - George Foreman.. The worst book i have ever read, it was nothing but a load of bull****e

Comment

Originally posted by badboy125 View Post

Raging Bull is Good
            Gloves, glory & god - i thought it was a great book, detailing his entire life from being born in the cotton fields through to starting his boxing career, his great fights, then his drinking unto he finally ends up in jail and the judge telling him how thousands of young men look up to Hank for his achievements and how his actions was letting himself down, Hank then turns to God..great book!

Comment

Wouldn't go so far as to call it the worst boxing book I have read but I was very disappointed by A Flame of Pure Fire: Jack Dempsey and the Roaring '20s just seemed a bit flat to me

Comment

bert sugar's greatest boxing champs or whatever the damn name is. he's completely hung up on legends and anecdotes. pep didn't throw a punch for a round, robinson could knock you out on the backfoot, john sullivans jab was akin to being hit by a telephone pole etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
                  bert sugar's greatest boxing champs or whatever the damn name is. he's completely hung up on legends and anecdotes. pep didn't throw a punch for a round, robinson could knock you out on the backfoot, john sullivans jab was akin to being hit by a telephone pole etc etc
                  I'm not a big fan of Sugar but he is an entertaining writer.
                  As for his accuracy I would say Sugar is a good introduction for people wanting to learn about the history of our great sport but I'd advise them to take it with a pinch of salt and move on to other writers.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                    I'm not a big fan of Sugar but he is an entertaining writer.
                    As for his accuracy I would say Sugar is a good introduction for people wanting to learn about the history of our great sport but I'd advise them to take it with a pinch of salt and move on to other writers.
                    BTW the above was my 2500th post

Comment

Working...
                    X