Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who In Your Opinion Is The Best Amatuer Boxer Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who In Your Opinion Is The Best Amatuer Boxer Of All Time?

????????????????????????

Theofilo Stevenson maybe?

Poet

Comment

Mario Kindelan

Tbh, nobody pays much attention to whose the greatest amateur boxer of all time, a lot of people see the amateurs [ including me ] as a stepping stone for the pro game.

Kind of like what Roy jones jr did in the SMW division, just passing by not looking to stick around ala Calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialOne View Post
        Mario Kindelan

Tbh, nobody pays much attention to whose the greatest amateur boxer of all time, a lot of people see the amateurs [ including me ] as a stepping stone for the pro game.

Kind of like what Roy jones jr did in the SMW division, just passing by not looking to stick around ala Calzaghe
        Nah. Your disrepecting the Amateur game there. The Amatuer's is a incredible sport in it's own right with a great history.

Do it has been ruined with this silly computer scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by BOX2008 View Post
          Nah. Your disrepecting the Amateur game there. The Amatuer's is a incredible sport in it's own right with a great history.

Do it has been ruined with this silly computer scoring.
          Sorry, I know of people who take it seriously and so do i but as a fighter it is a stepping stone for me.

Comment

Felix Savon was a machine who won three gold medals in a row similar to the aforementioned Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
              Felix Savon was a machine who won three gold medals in a row similar to the aforementioned Stevenson.
              Yes.

I think he spent his entire career as an amateur.

Comment

No love for Lazlo Papp? The guy was a 3-time olympian and I feel he was superior to Stevenson and Savon. Mark Breland had a stellar amatuer career, I don't remember how many wins he had but he only had two losses over his whole amatuer career.

Here's a great Papp HL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i89p8sLE10o

Comment

Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
                  No love for Lazlo Papp? The guy was a 3-time olympian and I feel he was superior to Stevenson and Savon. Mark Breland had a stellar amatuer career, I don't remember how many wins he had but he only had two losses over his whole amatuer career.

Here's a great Papp HL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i89p8sLE10o
                  I use to talk to John Scully on another board and thru e-mail and he would talk about how good Breland was as an amateur and how he was a star even amongst pro fighters before he even went to the Olympics. His gym wars were supposed to be that of legend and he was even in a movie (The lords of discipline) before he ever turned pro. Now I don't know if he was amongst the greatest amateurs of all time, but he had to be one of the most popular and most hyped.

Comment

Dont no.........

Comment

Working...
                    X