No announcement yet.

What is your ab workout routine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your ab workout routine?

I wanna know a better ab workout routine...I figure the best way to get abs is to switch it up...Please post your ab workout routines...video examples would help as well...I do 400 plus abs and I still can't get perfect results...please let me know what you do?

check out p90x ab ripper x
    best work out for abs i believe its like 15 exercises consisting of 25 reps each

Comment

do you want abs that just look good or abs that help you punch?

for the latter I do deadlifts, squats, russian twists, janga situps and that thing that Rocky does in the barn in russia

Comment

Originally posted by Righthandbanger View Post

for the latter I do deadlifts, squats, russian twists, janga situps and that thing that Rocky does in the barn in russia
        do you use a janga tool or do you just do normal sit ups with out anything over your toes and call them janga situps?

Comment

I think I spelt it wrong before, anyway I was told to put my feet over a loaded barbell and pull backwards

Comment

I dont know how to spell it either but that sounds about right, never thought of using a bar bell.

about as hard as full situps with out anything holding down your feet but they work your abs alot more precisely instead of your legs too.

Comment

not sure what page it is, i think its about 30, on the get in shape thread (it has been stickied) someone posted their diet and workout, a lot of ab workouts, he is really toned aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Righthandbanger View Post

For punching power...and how many sets and reps do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                  For punching power...and how many sets and reps do you do?
                  my squats and deadlift sets obviously aren't exclusively abs but probably the most effective for core power. they come from http://www.stronglifts.com

as for the russian twists I use a 20kg disk and do 4 sets of 8, increasing the weight if it gets too easy

Comment

this is the workout someone posted on the get in shape thread, guy had sick abs

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
                    I'm just copying and pasting the workout and diet regime that I sent to various posters on this site as a personal message. Here it is:

DIET:
                    Morning: 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 orange, 1 banana, and about 1 liter of water

Pre-lunch snack: 2 apples, 1 pear, 1 orange, 1 banana

Lunch: 2 medium pieces of either boiled or oven-roasted lean meat (no salt added to meat, no oil). 1 tomato. 1 cucumber. Sometimes had some lettuce, radish, onions, other vegetables, etc. 2 eggs. About 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with honey. 1 banana.

I would snack on nuts, maybe 1 or two more fruits, and some cheese after lunch.

Dinner: Same as lunch.

I would drink throughout the day. Drank about 3-4 liters of water a day.

NEVER ATE AFTER 8:00 P.M. Sometimes I had work at 6:00 p.m and didn't have time to squeeze in dinner, so I would only be running on the food from lunch. As a matter of fact, that happened to me about 2-3 times a week, so there would be days where my last food would be ingested at about 3:00 p.m.

I think that's about it for diet. If you have any more specific questions let me know.

EXERCISE:
                    Main exercise: 60 leg raises, 30 pushups on bars. 60 situps, 30 pushups on bars. 60 situps with a twist to each side, 30 pushups on bars. 60 knee raises on the pullup bar, 30 pushups on bars. 60 repetitions on the ab wheel, 30 pushups on bars.

I did the main exercise 2 times a day.

Also I swam for about 15 minutes non-stop at a decent pace 5 days a week.

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: I would do 4 sets of 18 pullups, and 1set of 14 pullups on top of the swimming and main exercise.

Tuesdays and Fridays: I would do 4 sets of 85 regular pushups with no bar on top of the swimming and main exercise.

Also, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: I would do 4 minutes of scissors (ab workout), 6 minutes of bicycle (ab workout), and variations of 6 inches.

The variations of 6 inches would have me hold 6 inches for 10 seconds, rest for 1 second. I did the regular 6 inch (leg straight out, together) 11 times. THen I would do the same thing but with legs spread apart, also 11 times. Then I would do legs in the air, but at a 45 degree angle, also 11 times. At the end of that I would do a final set where I hold each 6 inch variation position for 15 seconds, and switch to the other position without dropping my feet (basically do 6 inches for 45 seconds).

Also, Tuesdays and THursdays: I would do 70 leg raises, 70 situps, 70 crunches, 70 touch-your-toes in the air, 70 situps with a twist to the side, 70 v-ups, 70 rowers, 70 decline situps, 70 knee raises, and 70 reps on the ab wheel.

Comment

Working...
                    X