No announcement yet.

Toughest fighter of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughest fighter of all-time?

Who is the toughest fighter of all-time?

I would have to say Lamotta but then again i am a bit partial to him so i would like to know what you guys think

Lamotta, is awsome.

I like Mickey Ward personally.

I would have liked to see them two spar.

Comment

Lamotta was an animal. And to think that the gloves were thinner back then.

Comment

arturo gatti, he can box, he can take all the hits, and hes beast. i think ppl are really underrating gatti in the mayweather fight. he will not get trucked.

Comment

Joe Grim. Fighters like Gatti, LaMotta, Holyfield, etc. had skill. Even though they weren't defensive masters, they still had offensive prowess to fend off their opponents. Joe Grim didn't. He didn't have anything, and that's why he was called "The Human Punching Bag". He didn't have power or offensive/defensive skill; he was just tough as all hell.

He was a middleweight and fought some huge punchers like: Philadelphia Jack O'Brien, Joe Walcott, Joe Gans, Bob Fitzsimmons, Jack Blackburn, Johnny Kilbane, and Jack Johnson. He wasn't stopped by any of these fighters.
          Last edited by cple; 06-11-2005, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Joe Grim for sure. He makes Arturo Gatti look like a cautious safety first fighter.

Comment

Joe had abnormal skull thickness that allowed him to take any punishment you could give him. His skull was twice as thick as a normal persons. That allowed him to absorb any shot you could give him and he would get up from it.

Comment

chavez....

id say lamotta but he laid down on the canvas on purpose a few times...tough guys dont do that..

Comment

Originally posted by BRONXBULL
                  Who is the toughest fighter of all-time?

I would have to say Lamotta but then again i am a bit partial to him so i would like to know what you guys think
                  jake yes is 1.marciano basilio chuvalo harry greb tunney gibbons who never hit the deck is another..there are many great 1s who are in this category..

Comment

Originally posted by Slipx
                    chavez....

id say lamotta but he laid down on the canvas on purpose a few times...tough guys dont do that..
                    These were mob fixed fights!!!!! It had nothing to do with his toughness which was unquestionable!!

Comment

Working...
                    X