No announcement yet.

Nathan Marquardt possibly in TUF 2.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan Marquardt possibly in TUF 2.

MMAWeekly's Mick Hammond reports that the Pancrase organization is saying that Nathan Marquardt has given up his middleweight King of Pancrase title for "other opportunities."

The other opportunity appears to be a shot at The Ultimate Fighter 2 TV show. Apparently, Marquardt tried out and if he's giving up his belt then that's a good sign that he probably made it as a welterweight on the TV show.

In a limited statement a representative of Pancrase said, "7-times King of Pancrase Nathan Marquardt announced today that he has relinquished the middleweight title to pursue other opportunities."

MMAWeekly could not get a hold of Marquardt for comment; however, one source close to Denver told MMAWeekly "It is what it is. Read between the lines and you will know why Nathan is leaving Pancrase. It's for a huge future."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/this_week/news/2_monday.html

Just a thought, but aren't the TUF contestants suppose to be amateurs? Nathan is on Insidefightings top 10.

For the record I think Insidefightings lists are the worst regularly updated list on the internet.

Well, Deigo was the KOTC champion. Although I think Pancrase is a little bit higher up the food chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard
      MMAWeekly's Mick Hammond reports that the Pancrase organization is saying that Nathan Marquardt has given up his middleweight King of Pancrase title for "other opportunities."

The other opportunity appears to be a shot at The Ultimate Fighter 2 TV show. Apparently, Marquardt tried out and if he's giving up his belt then that's a good sign that he probably made it as a welterweight on the TV show.

In a limited statement a representative of Pancrase said, "7-times King of Pancrase Nathan Marquardt announced today that he has relinquished the middleweight title to pursue other opportunities."

MMAWeekly could not get a hold of Marquardt for comment; however, one source close to Denver told MMAWeekly "It is what it is. Read between the lines and you will know why Nathan is leaving Pancrase. It's for a huge future."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/this_week/news/2_monday.html

Just a thought, but aren't the TUF contestants suppose to be amateurs? Nathan is on Insidefightings top 10.

For the record I think Insidefightings lists are the worst regularly updated list on the internet.

I'm sure you know by now, but he is not on TUF 2, he is actually fighting on the August 6 Spike TV card.

Comment

Working...
      X