No announcement yet.

De La Hoya best fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De La Hoya best fights

Iv been trying to make myself some career sets from past and present boxers. Im starting of slow at the minute and trying to pick out each boxers best fights. Was hoping for some help chosing some fights for De La Hoya, im looking for 6 of his best fights to start with. Not necessariely his defining moments or 'mega' match-uIUs, but the most exciting, action packed fights.

Here is a list of his boxing record if it helps, any help will be appreciated. Thanks:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...8253&cat=boxer

He delivered a beating to Gatti.

He also looked very good knocking out Chavez, Oba Carr, his fights with Mosley were very action packed, and knocking out Vargas was so awesome and at the time gave me so much satisfaction after all the BS leading up to the fight.

Comment

I am an Oscar fan but he is overrated. He lost all his big or legacy fights save Chavez and Quarterly. Mosley, Mayweather, BHop, Manny etc. Everytime [most times] he stepped up, he lost.

Huge Oscar fan, but he gets way more props then he merits.

Comment

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
        I am an Oscar fan but he is overrated. He lost all his big or legacy fights save Chavez and Quarterly. Mosley, Mayweather, BHop, Manny etc. Everytime [most times] he stepped up, he lost.

Huge Oscar fan, but he gets way more props then he merits.
        Oscar beat Mosley, and there aren't many WW's who can step up and beat B Hop. The Mayweather fight was bull**** and a snore, and he was old, past it, and weight drained when he fought Manny.

You have no idea what you're talking about, as Oscar has one of the best resumes in boxing and in the prime of his career was unbeatable, and a true warrior, he fought everybody out there and never ran from a fight.

Comment

Sorry bro, you are being overly bias. I like Oscar, but facts are facts. He has lost pretty much everytime he stepped up to the A leagues. He's good, very good, but losing nearly all your major fights is a huge mark.

He has some ok wins earlier, against guys who were aged.

Comment

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
            Sorry bro, you are being overly bias. I like Oscar, but facts are facts. He has lost pretty much everytime he stepped up to the A leagues. He's good, very good, but losing nearly all your major fights is a huge mark.

He has some ok wins earlier, against guys who were aged.
            Don't just say it, back it up. The only fighter's that really beat him were Manny, B Hop, and once against Shane Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
              Don't just say it, back it up. The only fighter's that really beat him were Manny, B Hop, and once against Shane Mosley.
              you think he beat strum haha

Comment

Originally posted by musiol View Post
                you think he beat strum haha
                what's so laughable? The fight could have gone either way, it isn't like it's the worst decision in boxing history.

Comment

DLH's career is filled with controversial decisions.

Most people thought he won against Trinidad and against Mosley in their second fight. But most people also thought he lost to Sturm.

His fights against Whitaker and Quartey were close, so I wouldn't call them gift decisions.

As for the Mayweather fight, I didn't think it was close at all. Mayweather clearly won the fight.

Comment

Yes, a SD with Floyd was nonsense. Floyd would have won by 4 clear points.

Bad decisions happen in boxing, "them's the breaks" as pundits say, but he will carry those loses forever, whatever a fanboy may think.

Comment

Working...
                    X