No announcement yet.

Huerta signs with Bellator...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huerta signs with Bellator...

Roger Huerta, the top free agent in MMA and one of the sport’s brightest young stars, announced today that he has signed an exclusive contract with Bellator Fighting Championships and will compete in the promotion’s upcoming Season 2 lightweight tournament.

The announcement was made during a live video press conference at Bellator.com.

The 26-year-old Huerta (20-3-1) comes to Bellator in the prime of his career after a 3½-year run in the UFC, where he rose to international prominence and became the first MMA fighter ever to be featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

I always thought Huerta was overrated anyway, he knows he has no chance against BJ, smart move for him...

Comment

He's not championship material but he's defintely a crowd pleaser. If he's matched up right he puts on very entertaining fights.

Bellator is picking up some good fighters lately. They have Alvarez, Huerta, Joe Warren, Ben Askren, Neer, Hornbuckle, Soto, Imada.

They put on some solid cards.

Comment

huerta's acting career didn't work out

Comment

So he is downgrading? Even willing to take less money? He could have at least went strikeforce or dream.

Well, huerta is irrelevent now. Never liked him anyways, only liked that tattoo.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            So he is downgrading? Even willing to take less money? He could have at least went strikeforce or dream.

Well, huerta is irrelevent now. Never liked him anyways, only liked that tattoo.
            What is it with everyone and purses on this damn site? To some people fighting and the ability to be able to freely market themselves without being tied into ridiculous contracts is more important to some fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
              my thoughts exactly

Comment

Appearantly, DREAM and Strikeforce passed on Huerta because he was demanding a $250k signing bonus....

Comment

wow $250,000?! That's ridiculous for him. I think all that hype up early on in his career got to his head.

I think he needs to get rocked a couple of more times to be humbled. Guys in the WEC get paid ass but put on great performances like Aldo.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                    huerta's acting is awful I've seen it

get back in the cage idiot

Comment

Working...
                    X