• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to gerald Mclellan

i hear lots bout this guy
    what was so special about him and what happened to him
    lets hear some stories

He was middleweight champ in early 90s who got permanently injured in brutal bout with Nigel Benn. McCellan had truly uncanny punching power....one of the hardest hitters ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Riddick
      He was middleweight champ in early 90s who got permanently injured in brutal bout with Nigel Benn. McCellan had truly uncanny punching power....one of the hardest hitters ever.
      Scary **** when I saw the fight...proves how rough the sport can be

Comment

to me the fight does'nt seem as brutal as its always made out to be, there's more brutal wars than that fight, its just that gerald was affected badly by what he got. some people handle punishment better than others, g-mans mind got ****ed up that night

Comment

Originally posted by Yoko
          to me the fight does'nt seem as brutal as its always made out to be, there's more brutal wars than that fight, its just that gerald was affected badly by what he got. some people handle punishment better than others, g-mans mind got ****ed up that night
          I know what you mean, it wan't so much as a big motha****ing hit knocking out a guy cold but just he way gerald collapsed after was pretty intense.

Comment

the way roy jones layed on the canvas completly motionless reminded me of how gerald looked in his corner after the fight. it was sad stuff.

Comment

Yeah, the fight wasnt anything like Gatti/Ward but it was pretty intense brawl nonetheless. It was great fight in my opinion. But I think the ref let Benn get away with lot of rabbit punching.

Comment

I saw that fight live on TV. thier more than meets the eye. Benn was hitting the G man behind the head allot. Also G man wrapped his own hands for that fight. And anyone who knows boxing will tell you. IF your hands are wrapped right you can punch through walls and if thier wrapped wrong you cant punch through paper towel. Also Benn was hipnotized before that fight.
                Im not sure if thats allowed anymore. Anyways if G man would had his hands wrpped the correct way the fight would of been over in the first round when G man knocked Benn through the ropes. Their was actually 13 seconds that went bye. Also G man had such power even with his hands wrapped wrong just the power in his arms were kncking Benn around however they didnt have the wreaking ball effect like a perfect wrapped hand will have.

Also after the fight in the hospital King said to his trainer that G man quit like a DOG. Its all in the book.

You all have to give G man more credit. He even beat Roy Jones Jr in the Ametures and Roy even says G man beat him. Roy always said he would never fight G man. Now thats a statement.

Comment

Wat book is this from?

The hand wraps thing sounds like an excuse to me. Benn was hurt many times but survived, and McClellan's defence was non existant.
                  I think Benn should be given credit for the win.

No one knows what happened to McCellans brain, and wat caused it, we can only speculate.
                  Also Benn being hypnotized was to do with personal issues, not the fight itself.

Comment

I caught the fight , and if you notice after he knocked him through the ropes he,s trying to end the fight ,i,ll say about a 1:25 to go benn throws a left hook that catches g man on the side of the head and g man reached for his head like someone hit him with a pipe or something to that nature and the rest is history....

Comment

Working...
                    X