No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali against the great light heavyweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Ali against the great light heavyweights

Archie Moore etc, how do you think he would fare? He outclassed the heavyweights by speed, both feet and hand.

Do you think he would have too much power for the light heavyweights/cruiserweights?

Originally posted by irishdude View Post
    Archie Moore etc, how do you think he would fare? He outclassed the heavyweights by speed, both feet and hand.

Do you think he would have too much power for the light heavyweights/cruiserweights?
    He beats them all. To big, to strong, to fast.

Comment

beats them all with ease

Comment

Originally posted by irishdude View Post

watch bob foster fight

Comment

Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
          watch bob foster fight
          You beat me to it.

Bob Foster was a great LHW but simply couldn't take the power of the HWs.

Ironically, Foster was the only person to ever cut Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by right_hand_lead View Post
            You beat me to it.

Bob Foster was a great LHW but simply couldn't take the power of the HWs.

Ironically, Foster was the only person to ever cut Ali.
            lol very true, Ali had crocodile like skin when it came to cuts....Ali would be too big, strong and fast for any light heavyweight in history......Muhammad Ali vs Roy Jones Jr at LHW, thats would be something

Comment

Muhammad Ali was faster than any Light Heavyweight.Never mind p4p

The Foster fight was after Ali's 3 1/2 year lay-off and Prime in 1966/67

Comment

Then again Bob Foster was horrible as a heavyweight. He lost to every notable heavyweight he ever fought. I think Ali would have his hands full against a prime Ezzard Charles and the likes of Gene Tunney and Michael Spinks could present some problems as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                  Then again Bob Foster was horrible as a heavyweight. He lost to every notable heavyweight he ever fought. I think Ali would have his hands full against a prime Ezzard Charles and the likes of Gene Tunney and Michael Spinks could present some problems as well.
                  Doug Jones was barely more than a Light Heavyweight and gave Ali everything he could handle (albeit early).

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                    I rank Ezzard Charles and Gene Tunney as the top 2 Light Heavyweights.

I agree they could "present some problems" but not a serious threat to a PRIME 1966/67 Muhammad Ali for 15 rounds.

A 1963 Cassius Clay would have his hands full and more though.

Comment

Working...
                    X